Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Horney Nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

the weird sex meme skeleton

which one?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Saint Freak posted:

Today's the day they put the weird sex meme skeleton in that Nintendo game right?

which one

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Sir Daniel was already in PlayStation All Stars, I don't think he'd be allowed into Smash.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I’m just happy the Captain N team is back together again

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Saint Freak posted:

Today's the day they put the weird sex meme skeleton in that Nintendo game right?

Wait, dasharezone is getting added to Mario Tennis Aces?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

dril posts for assist trophy

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/britishgaming/status/1057885977379815426?s=21

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

:troll:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lmao

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If RDR2 were an actual walking simulator then I’d want to play it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

If RDR2 were an actual walking simulator then I’d want to play it.

Same

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i believe the technical term is 'mosey'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Castlevania season 3 is going to be Curse of Darkness. Except Isaac might just turn into Death this time and I dunno where they're going with Hector. Also an excuse for St. Germain to come out and just allude to other games or explain the future tech in Dracula's castle.

I mean, that's Darksiders, copying the action games of the day.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
Hellgate is a bit of a surprise. A re-release?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

i believe the technical term is 'mosey'

i'd play a mosey sim

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Mosey It Out

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the walking sim parts were the second best part of spiderman

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What was the best part

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I long for a world where Fullbright gets $100 million to make walking sims while greedy Rockstar execs have to hold a bake sale to make cowboy game for iphones.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Help Im Alive posted:

What was the best part

spider-man 2

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Monolith. posted:

Hellgate is a bit of a surprise. A re-release?

It'll just be the Asian F2P version getting a Steam release I guess

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Hellgate London wasn't satisfied with only being the easiest game of the 2000s to make fun of and is vying for late consideration in this decade.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Phantasium posted:

Castlevania season 3 is going to be Curse of Darkness. Except Isaac might just turn into Death this time and I dunno where they're going with Hector. Also an excuse for St. Germain to come out and just allude to other games or explain the future tech in Dracula's castle.

I mean, that's Darksiders, copying the action games of the day.

i would've guessed rondo of blood + symphony of the night but I've only seen three episodes of season two so far

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

lmao at the guy trying to claim gone home gains nothing from being interactive

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I definitely put down 5$ on a pre-order at Gamestop to get into the Hellgate London beta back when

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I bought it when it came out and didn't really expect it to be as bad as it was but I still lolled at the people buying lifetime subs and poo poo before it was even out.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the only good part of red dead redemption 2 is that if you kill a ton of animals and then do a random npc conversation arthur just sits down and says "I KEEP KILLING ANIMALS... NEEDLESSLY!"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wish you could skip the lovingly detailed animations of arthur skinning animals

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Looper posted:

i would've guessed rondo of blood + symphony of the night but I've only seen three episodes of season two so far

Curse of Darkness is the direct sequel to Castlevania III, and Hector and Isaac are the main characters from it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I feel that tweet would be a better burn if it made sense.

It's also odd because it seems to be dissing both walking simulators and the people that don't like them

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Sakurazuka posted:

I bought it when it came out and didn't really expect it to be as bad as it was but I still lolled at the people buying lifetime subs and poo poo before it was even out.

Most of the lifetimers have probably already spent more than 2k bucks on Star Citizen.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Phantasium posted:

Curse of Darkness is the direct sequel to Castlevania III, and Hector and Isaac are the main characters from it.

oh! i knew they were from it but i thought curse of darkness took place earlier for some reason

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

axelblaze posted:

It's also odd because it seems to be dissing both walking simulators and the people that don't like them

:troll:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

axelblaze posted:

what about that reads as dissing walking simulators

maybe it's because the guy has literally done youtube videos discussing interesting design stuff done with walking sims but i don't think that's his intent and i don't really read it out of the tweet at all

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Nov 1, 2018

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

The Colonel posted:

what about that reads as dissing walking simulators

It's a joke that assumes that walking sims are lesser than whatever people think RDR2 is. It's a joke that's trying to get a rise by suggesting the game they like that the author is dissing is a walking sim and for that to work, it has to be bad that it's a walking sim. I suppose it's more about the readers own feelings towards it but if you like walking sims already, the line is meaningless.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

axelblaze posted:

It's a joke that assumes that walking sims are lesser than whatever people think RDR2 is. It's a joke that's trying to get a rise by suggesting the game they like that the author is dissing is a walking sim and for that to work, it has to be bad that it's a walking sim. I suppose it's more about the readers own feelings towards it but if you like walking sims already, the line is meaningless.

i don't think the diss is aimed at people who like walking sims already

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

axelblaze posted:

I'd say if you like walking simulators you aren't the target of the troll, but judging by your posts it's equal opportunity after all

Truly masterful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Who the gently caress is Incineroar?

• Locked thread