Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab for a really great look into the sovcit/militia crazies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

Every time JJ McNab shows up my first though is that a football player ended up in my feed.

if youre into funny athletes that occasionally go woke as hell, https://twitter.com/ShannonSharpe is your man

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I don't know about other states but early voting turnout in Texas has been astronomical. I'm still not going to have any optimism about a Beto win but if he was going to do so, turnout is the only path there.

https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/1057097823953567744

https://twitter.com/ElectProject/status/1057700529227423745

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

Also a bunch of electronic ballet readers being definitely not broken and registering beto votes as cruz votes etc.

theyre not broken, just lovely and unfortunately lovely in favor of Ted Cruz

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

When does Donnie start talking about this like it has any merit at all?

about 3 minutes after Hannity does

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
basically Im for anything that encourages minorities of all types to arm themselves because a certain other group keeps saying "these people shouldn't exist"

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
It's a terrible idea just because of the pounds of flesh Amazon will extract from taxpayers who will get no benefit. Nevermind the actual bullshit everyone will endure thanks to another however many tens of people trying to buy houses that don't exist

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I would be so happy if Cruz loses. They're saying young voting is way way up in Texas so it might be possible

Beto's only path to victory relies on massive turnout from previous non-voters and so far that's happening

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Everyone'e models assume you're a prior voter which could lead to some amazing results if non-voter turnout is really as high as it seems

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/unormal/status/1059880672041594881?s=19

I want to believe

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
No you really shouldn't, we deserve heaping scorn for lots of other things

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They absolutely want that, but they've been so thoroughly indoctrinated by conservative brainworms that they won't vote for the people who'd give it to them.

ah yes the stellar democrat track record of the last few decades of enacting and protecting meaningful social programs.

the problem isn't conservative brainworms, the problem is the democrats have no leg to stand on themselves.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The Democratic party has not had any real presence in Texas since Ann Richards and the geniuses that run this poo poo nationally thought ~~demographics are destiny~~~ like they're just all one monolithic voting block. Frankly its a miracle that some dude who no one outside of his constituency even heard of 24 months ago made an actual race out of this. A Texas Senate race hasn't been decided by less than 10 points in ages.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
hey in some really good news Shitbird Supression Artist Kris Kobach is getting told to gtfo of Kansas

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
you shouldnt really celebrate

https://twitter.com/aabramson/status/1059826374976962560

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
on the bright side for Florida like 1.5m people will be getting the right to vote back

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
some candidates that had a slim chance of winning lost and other cool things happened like https://twitter.com/RespectableLaw/status/1060035072689086470

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
This was a pretty good run for the left considering just how loving empty the cabinet was after the butchering they took during The Decorum Years.

Texas alone saw 12(maybe 13) state House races flip, including shitheads like Texas House Freedom Caucus Gloryboy Matt Rinaldi and 'Bathroom Bill' writer Ron Simmons. I think the business community in Texas is starting to realize that letting the crazies run everything was going to end badly so I expect to see the more moderate sides of the GOP and the larger Democrat caucus to work together to keep the culture war poo poo on the back burner. Democrats also flipped two seats in the Senate which will annoy Dan Patrick to no end. It won't really improve life in Texas because we're just going to full speed ahead slash taxes and education, but maybe we can hold off hanging the LGBTQ+ community in the town square for a bit.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

They still have to win primaries, and the Republican base is gladly on board with Trump's ride into the gutter.

Most of the business minded Republicans are in pretty safe districts with regards to who their base and funding is, ie more affluent white people. Don't get me wrong, come Sunday morning all these people are attending horrible churches but most of them don't actually care, its just the required social setting. These fucks only care about one thing and that is making more money which means not letting Dan Patrick and his fundamentalist loonies strangle the goose that lays the golden egg. Its why we'll almost certainly see another Texas House Speaker like Joe Straus who had the support of moderate/business Republicans and Democrats and is pretty much the sole reason the Texas HFC hasn't gotten their way.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Defenestrategy posted:

Silver linings and all that, as far as I can tell Republicans really didn't make any relative gains in power.

They where already able to pass poo poo with impunity, but kept tripping over their own dicks to accomplish it, now they can't even do that. They lost a few governors mansions and the house seems to have flipped by a large margin. All of this in a year in which Democrats where mostly on the chopping block, all in all picking up extra Senate seats really doesn't matter, because they where able to throw beer judge into a supreme court vacancies anyway. I'm just angry that Kemp is gonna end up in the governors mansion here, and his conduct during the election WRT keeping the elections fair won't ever be investigated.

The state level races are huge. A couple more bad showings and Republicans were seriously at a point they could call for a Constitutional Convention.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

BigDave posted:

Wait really? This is the first I've heard of a constitutional convention.

Republicans took A LOT of governorships and legislatures during the Obama years. They were seriously just a few more away from being able to call one.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
here's a good thread on how the elections went in Texas and just how great it actually was for Democrats in a state that they're dead in

https://twitter.com/cd_hooks/status/1060082568933138432

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
the rest of my family is reliant on the government for either employment or healthcare but routinely decry social services and welfare queens

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

So I'm a Democracy Dummy, what is the recourse for GA turbo suppressing the vote? Can anything be done regarding all the road closures/machines pulled to rectify the issue, or is it "lol suck it dems" without recourse? Versus the "lol suck it dems" we will have if there is recourse

"suck it dems" because the courts up to and including SCOTUS are ok with it

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/marceelias/status/1060611342661500928

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
oh and in news of just how titled our political system is in favoring the rich all around...

https://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/1060585618449797121

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

mods changed my name posted:

CNN is reporting that Trump is considering Chris Christie for AG, lol.

he's going to ask Christie to come by the WH with some Mickey D's to discuss things, except the SS is just going to take the food at the gate and send him away

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
OUR HERO HAS AWOKEN

JEB!

https://twitter.com/flexlibris/status/1060722367587119105

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The first century and a half of US history was basically unchecked genocide to the west regardless of who was president. Obama's no pacifist, but let's not pretend all of his predecessors' hands aren't soaked in blood either.

we're the baddies

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

As Nero Danced posted:

It's cause we weren't invited to the weddings.

we sent gifts

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
US foreign policy has moved away from directly killing people to letting the after effects do it.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

My hot take: America is a garbage imperialist country with delusions of grandeur and the sooner it is in the dustbin of history the better.

:same:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Brain full of porridge.

Pretty certain if you hit porridge with enough electricity you could get more activity out of it

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
My Facebook is alight with people talking about how this guy obviously has PTSD because Obama ruined the VA. This is literally the only explanation why a good, white Marine would do something like this.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Abongination posted:

The US is certainly in decline and recovering from what it's become would be a long road.

But I'll take the US over China or Russia any day and often challenge the "let it all burn down" crowd to explain how things would be any better with one of the above calling the shots.

There is never a explanation, somehow they think the US can burn itself to the ground and rise from the ashes in a vacuum.

Life during the collapse of an empire is never peaches and what follows is usually just as bad or worse.

It's simple, the US shouldn't be reborn.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
those people have brain worms

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

Two Scoops could fire Nielsen any day now. She doesn't want it to happen before she makes it a year on the job but it very likely will. I don't much care if it is embarrassing for her, she deserves it. The only problem is that there's always someone worse waiting in the wings.

I dunno. At some point you begin to run out of people who can navigate the bureaucracy and everything stops.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Lmao this is such a bad deal, taxpayers are getting fuuuuuucked

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
and if they actually do any infrastructure upgrades you're going to pay for that too since Amazon is bringing nothing to the table lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
for my entire life the concept of 'small government' meant government small enough to fit into a woman's uterus and have its say