Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Doesn't he run dog rates or something?

Edit: These people lust for blood

https://twitter.com/GuardianJessica/status/1057957709138616320?s=19

On one side you have people literally fighting for their way of life. On the other you have people who think the most oppressive thing that’s ever happened to them was a salesclerk saying happy holidays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

^^^
That Syria article broke me when I first read it in 2012. It’s tough when you realize that history is full of examples of people saying “Oh, that can’t happen HERE!” who end up getting hacked to death by their neighbor.

Or, for that matter, we elected a president who puts out and endorses ads like this:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1057715198684000258

I got a mailer from the Michigan GOP showing a bunch of protestors and "we can't let the mob win". I called them and chewed out some volunteer for about 10 minutes just asking why I should vote for them if their only message is to slander people exercising their first amendment rights.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Awwwwwwwww yeah

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1057985365691301888?s=19

That's the stuff right there. It already got cancelled because "the woman" got "scared" and "left DC."

:bisonyes:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Is Jacob going to be the first person to post his way into prison?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

AkrisD posted:

I think Martin Shkreli might have something to say about that.

oh gently caress i had completely forgot about that dude.

we really need a recap episode every once and awhile.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Vasudus posted:

King is almost assuredly going to win, despite having no money, no ads, and not really running a campaign at all.

maybe speaker pelosi will censure hi-ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

oh man almost made it without laughing

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/wholesomememe

for when it's all too much

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

let's check in on jakey's presser:

https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1058033579463245829

sounds about right.

Journalist: "Are you both prepared for federal prison?"

lmao

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 1, 2018

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/CassCarolyne/status/1058043185275043842

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:thunk:

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/carolyne-kass-attends-dennis-hoppers-signs-of-the-times-news-photo/659416058

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Isn't that proud buys guy who looks like a loving joke living in manhattan

Which one?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Oh my god the caravan is full of Republican congressmen 😱

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1058351562832207872?s=21

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Nov 2, 2018

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1058384505675882501?s=21

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Oh. My. God.

https://twitter.com/popehat/status/1058448069513998336?s=21

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Trump reneged on the shooting rock throwers and will now arrest them (in Mexico?), and the pentagon just banned troops from working in a law enforcement capacity so who knows what he's talking about

Trump!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Voted to legalize weed, kill the gerrymander, and a slate of super good voter registration laws (same-day, no-reason absentee, etc.). Kudos to Michigan activists, they got a good slate of initiatives on the ballot in a blue wave year.

Also pleasantly surprised the the vast majority of names I ticked off this morning were female or minority. I’m pulling for Gretchen Whitmer, some may call her a succdem but I still have the card she sent my husband and I after our wedding. I met with her twice about same sex marriage when she was in the state senate and she or someone on her staff were shrewd enough to spot our marriage announcement from either Facebook or the paper.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

about 20 years ago in september the white house announced a major marijuana-related announcement after the midterms.

I figure this means that Trump is finally going to get rid of sessions via rage-stroke by announcing they're letting states decide legality and ignoring it at the federal level. either that or they're turbo-criminalizing it (most likely outcome).

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

Voted more funding for public schools and to raise local elected officials’ pay to the very modest median local income. You shouldn’t have to be already wealthy to represent people, especially at the local politics level.

loving yikes, that's an uphill battle for that initiative.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

gently caress comey

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/aliciacamden/status/1059458767396450305?s=21

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

my body is ready for two years of schumer and pelosi sucking off decorum/mitch mcconnell :discourse:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

my body is ready for two years of schumer and pelosi sucking off decorum/mitch mcconnell :discourse:

at which point the gop will retake the house and begin the cycle anew. congressional leadership continue to live in a money-fueled bubble

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Vasudus posted:

republican ... good guy

not in 2018

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

loving Florida.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Godholio posted:

Rome didn't (usually) burn down in a day. Maybe your family is too far gone, but not everybody is. "gently caress entire swaths of the electorate" is why the Democrats will probably not take full control of the federal government for 20+ years. They keep hanging their hats on issues like gun bans (the GA candidate calling AR15s weapons of mass destruction, etc) which just turns people away. It's Hilldawg putting coal miners out of work every drat time.

This is where the Democrats need to do some research and find places worth throwing grassroots efforts at. The country isn't divided into Far Left, Near Left, and the KKK.

lol

Yep all these mythical moderate conservatives.

e: oh and the candidate in GA is going to lose to massive and blatant voter suppression by her opponent not because she said mean things about a gun Jesus Christ :xd:

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Nov 7, 2018

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Michigan:

- elected a lady Democrat who is feisty as gently caress and ran a populist campaign

- legalized weed

- got rid of partisan redistricting

- approved a slate of initiatives to make it easier to vote in general

Michigan: sometimes we don’t suck

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Oh for one day just drop the catty bullshit we get it this is an n4i post we can tell by the avatar

Dude shut up and color you’re out of your element on this one.

I was stating a loving fact, Kemp stole the election, Republicans are going to take it as a green light to do it elsewhere. Acting like it’s because someone once said a mean thing about it a gun is so blindered and tone deaf that the only appropriate response is bemused mockery.

Your obsession with “owning” me via posting is getting weird at this point.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

psydude posted:

The popular vote for the Senate is kind of arbitrary though because every state gets two senators. So Wyoming, which has a population of 580k people total, has the same number of senators as California, a state with a population almost 80 times that.

e: Washington DC has a bigger population than Wyoming and they don't even get a vote in Congress despite paying taxes.

Thanks for pointing out why we should abolish the Senate. Also why DC should be a state.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Also going to own when that re-enfranchisement amendment just flat out isn’t implemented by the Florida GOP.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

The panthers will eat your face party strikes again!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Debbie Stabenow.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

BigDave posted:

Debbie Stabnow?

Wouldn't want to make her angry.

Why? She’d still be a useless empty suit.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

Their lead in the Senate means that more senators need to hem and haw to moderate anything. Unfortunately we see its all an act so :rip: the courts.

The house can prevent anything non appointment related. We'll have to see what dumb poo poo is down during the lame duck.

oh they are for sure killing obamacare in the lame duck :laffo:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Vasudus posted:

The realistic gains are mostly:

1) The democrats lost senate seats largely in places that they had no business being in. Control of the senate was almost assuredly (~80%) likely to still be in republican hands. The senate is still going to confirm lovely people for judges and cabinet positions so this changes nothing.

2) There was a considerable amount of good state-level legislation that passed largely in part to the incredibly high turnout. Some measures that might not have survived in a typical midterm got passed.

3) Enough governorships changed hands that calling a constitutional convention is completely off the table. People might not have realized it but the GOP was *this* close to calling for one, changing poo poo in the constitution, and passing it because they controlled enough states. This is insanely good for the long term.

4) If I had to pick between the house and the senate flipping, I will take the house every goddamn time. Remember, legislation starts in the house. Democratic house means no GOP agenda. Democratic senate means Joe Manchin votes to push things along in favor of bipartisanship.

5) The democrats are in a very good position for 2020, both in gestalt political terms and also raw senate math. Lots of republican senators are up in 2020.

edit: 6) A bunch of really, really lovely republicans got the boot. Not all of them, but enough of them.

Some people online and on the news are crying that the sky is falling because the BLUE WAVE didn't meet the incredibly unrealistic possibilities that were on the fringes of the prediction models. Yesterday was a solid win, period. It's like complaining that someone won a boxing match by points but didn't get a TKO.

vas with the good takes.

also worth mentioning is that the democratic bench got some much-needed rookies this cycle. beto, gillum, etc. might have lost but they're not going anywhere and got some national exposure.

i'm also going to continue stanning michigan's new governor, watch her.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

Jesus there's Twitter video floating around of Strong Daddy filling his diaper with impotent rage. Somebody did not like the results of the election.

Phone posting so I'm stealing a link from D&D

Edit: ooooh he's got his sniffles again. Someone needed his happy candy.

god what a piece of poo poo person

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

There's a brewing Navy SEALs investigation into war crimes, with at least 2 charged already. One of the charged is turning to this fine charity for legal help:

I wasn’t the only one looking for fingers McNally right?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

thoughts and prayers

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

ded posted:

why don't they just hire a prostitute ???

women that aren't virgins are impure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

the real answer is that modern society is extremely lonely and isolated and these incels are blaming women rather than capitalism destroying community.