Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I really don't know how to feel about any of this. Does having the house at least provide some check against the death cult? Are we marginally less hosed than before? Or are we full on hosed still?

Committees within the House of Representatives, at least, will flip from the GOP, once they're no longer the majority party in the House. The new chairperson and majority of members in each committee will be democrats. If the dems actually follow through on their campaign promises, expect to see a whole bunch of Trump administration minions getting subpoenaed to suss out their various crimes. This will be particularly entertaining because republicans made the House Oversight Committee significantly more powerful when President Obama was still in office, to better hammer his administration.

Probably going to see subpoenas for Trump's tax returns, finally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-0lDKsXMb8

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

The White House realizes it, but that doesn't matter. The target audience absolutely won't know or care that it's doctored, because they won't believe any sources of information which might contradict their preferred propaganda.

One of the bootlickers on my Facebook feed has been sharing it nonstop and crowing about how the admin takes the evil awful liberal media to task. Since he retired from the military, I'm pretty sure his only source of news is Fox and Breitbart. I've long since realized that there's no point engaging with him, but it's good to have an idea of what the maliciously ignorant actually believe.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Happy Armistice Day.

Trump's acting attorney general involved in firm that scammed veterans out of life savings

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

How many minutes has it been since Trump embarrassed his nation? It seems like a surprisingly large amount of minutes.

He's been hiding from the rain.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

From a month ago, I vaguely heard about Peter Jackson's work colorizing and touching up film from the Great War, but I didn't look into it beyond that.

Looks really neat, actually

He and his team did a whole lot more than add color. They cleaned up the film tremendously, hired lip readers to figure out what was being said, and a lot more. I don't think anything of that scale has ever been done with original war footage. Definitely something I'll track down when it comes out on DVD/streaming.

Vasudus posted:

Can you imagine how lovely it would be to find out you're in the parade. It took three loving days to get our BN ready for a BDE change of command because nobody remembered any drill and ceremony. Now multiply that by a factor of ten because you need a YUGE PARADE. Probably have to have dudes scrubbing vehicles with tooth brushes for a month to make sure they're ready to be televised all over the world.

It's doubly lovely because the boondoggle parade would naturally include every component of the military, and the brass always wants some kind of integrated formation, even if it's just a token. I was in an extremely public ceremony detail involving Army, Marines, and Air Force. The same verbal command can mean very different things between branches. Nothing quite like having a quarter of your formation take an extra step after everyone else makes a facing movement. In the end, we all had to learn Army drill so we didn't look like a disorganized group of idiots.

mlmp08 posted:

halosalute.png

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kqba0IUdiBk

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

egyptian rat race posted:

I hope they wear their service to the Hate Mango like an albatross around their necks until the end of their careers

French women who provided comfort to the Nazis had their heads shaved.

Alas, if Trump's lickspittles shaved their heads, they'd just be more open about their sympathies.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

egyptian rat race posted:

Surely there is an appropriate level of shame between zero on the one hand and being physically exiled from society on the other?

E: let me clarify, if you're low-mid level LE/military or Tom the loving congressional mailman with a few years until retirement I don't give a gently caress, your position doesn't have control over policy. Not really.

If you're a political appointee or elected official with any real leverage who is complicit with separation of families etc. then some of this evil poo poo needs to stick to the sole of your shoe for a long time.

Sure. When I said "lickspittle," I meant the people who actually throw in with Trump.

If you're a federal employee who fixes generators regardless of the president, and you wouldn't ever commit a war crime, no problem.

If you're a federal employee who fixes generators and endlessly shares lovely MAGA memes on Facebook, then you suck and your friends are right to shame you.

If you're a federal employee and you're too busy guarding asylum seekers in their internment camp to reply to this message, then you are one of les collaborateurs.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

How can a person be smart enough to create an account for facebook/twitter/wherever, but still too dumb to suss out how idiotic this is?

Like, even if a person lacks the critical thinking to realize that the two maps are at different magnification levels, you'd think people would realize that Los Angeles, San Diego, and Sacramento haven't been incinerated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Time is a societal construct. No gods, no masters.