Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Hard :lol: @ "Dr Peterson" and "she said she wanted to see other people, that means we're still together but she wants to go poly, right?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/shaun_jen/status/988586531412697088?lang=en

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Renaissance Robot posted:

Hard :lol: @ "Dr Peterson" and "she said she wanted to see other people, that means we're still together but she wants to go poly, right?"

pretty hilarious the mutual friend is like "she dumped you because you're misogynist" and he goes "SHUT UP U SJW BITCH"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/AnnPettifor/status/1057921871197470721
https://twitter.com/openDemocracyUK/status/1057928324654227456

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/shaun_jen/status/989240170431033344
https://twitter.com/shaun_jen/status/989242141829468160
https://twitter.com/shaun_jen/status/989245471100231685

Shaun Andjen able to espouse a more coherent and useful life philosophy than Jorpe in 3 tweets.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

destroying the economy outside of london to own the krauts

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

shaun should post more

and in here

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

forkboy84 posted:

You can travel to most parts of Europe for about £30 if you're fine bring treated like cattle on the way to slaughter for 2-3 hours, that's not expensive. Especially compared to the time it would take to drive or train to Greece or wherever.

Feel like going abroad and experiencing other cultures is a net positive and also a pleasant way to just unwind and chill, but I'm a hypocrite because I've not actually gone further than London since I was 14.

Personally that has never rung true with me. Also it costs to do stuff over there too unless you're just going there to pet a cat and then go home.

I meet multiple cultures just by going to the supermarket in this rural place so I don't see a need to go anywhere for that reason. Last week we had a big event with foods from the various people living here, vietnamese, chinese, bosnian, iraqi were a few of the foods I recognized. I think I personally have more connection to people from other cultures since half the people working here are immigrants than someone traveling somewhere.

And every day I drop my kids of at day care I hear like three languages at least.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Tesseraction posted:

how much was made by power metal bands this year

It's per individual so no bands. The person in Finland who made the most was the CEO of Supercell, Ilkka Paananen who made 65 246 456 €, he paid 43.1% in taxes.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

His Divine Shadow posted:

It's per individual so no bands. The person in Finland who made the most was the CEO of Supercell, Ilkka Paananen who made 65 246 456 €, he paid 43.1% in taxes.

Yes but what about individuals in power metal bands

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/RichardDiNatale/status/1057856691234951168

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Name one for me so I can see if, if they are in the top 1000 I will find it. I don't know any names because I don't care about power and / or metal.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Darth Walrus posted:

The diagrams from Maps of Meaning should be enough to put most sane people off Peterson.

We also completely ban air rifles of any power for hunting, even for rats and vermin.
That seems arbitrary. You can get some pretty insane air arms on FAC that are capable of humanely killing things up to the size of small deer.

Tesseraction posted:

shaun should post more

and in here
H bomb er guy too.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

You know what's very much not acceptable?

Hazelnut milk in tea.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Guavanaut posted:

That seems arbitrary. You can get some pretty insane air arms on FAC that are capable of humanely killing things up to the size of small deer.

Yeah I know, in Finland air rifles are not subject to any legalization aside from 18 year age limit.

P.S. I also used to do casting, been many years since I last did it, but it was fun.

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Nov 1, 2018

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The only law I'm aware of for deer here is that there's a minimum bullet diameter and muzzle energy (in England and Wales) or weight and speed (in Scotland) or a mixture of both (in Northern Ireland) and it must be of a type that deforms on impact. Other than that it's not specified in law how you get it going that fast.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/subedited/status/1057958090631507968

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Spuckuk posted:

You know what's very much not acceptable?

Hazelnut milk in tea.

"Milk" that's just ground up nuts in water is a waste of time, shameful.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Noxville posted:

Back when I was veggie my mum got me a cookbook called Take One Veg and it had a few good ones in there but especially I’d recommend the beetroot and Camembert strata, it’s fantasric and easy. Not for vegans though, obviously.

WhatEvil posted:

I like the Hamlyn "All Colour" 200 [x] meals cookbooks. There's one which is "easy vegetarian" and another one "veggie feasts", I think there may be other veggie ones too? The recipes are mostly quite simple and not too faffy (but not like on the level of telling you how to make cheese on toast). Also "Vegetarian" magazine can be good but look through the contents before buying and make sure there are recipes you'll like.

I've got loads of other recommendations of course but I think those are the ones I've actually made the highest proportion of dishes / total recipes from. One good general recommendation is to get the Vegetarian Flavour Bible. Tells you what ingredients go with what (including unusual combos like mushroom and rhubarb) and it's useful for doing stuff like buying a mixed veg box (I get them delivered from Abel and Cole) and coming up with recipe ideas to use various veg up.

So for example I'll get a box with fennel in, so I look in the flavour book and see what it goes well with, find a few things I have (whether other veg, herbs/spices etc.) then google recipes. So if I have say, fennel, peppers, carrots I'll google "recipe fennel peppers carrots" and see what comes up and make something I find or make a variation based on those ideas.

The BBC recipes site (is it Good Food?) comes up really often and so does AllRecipes I think.

e:

Here we go:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hamlyn-All...mlyn+all+colour - Easy vegetarian
https://www.amazon.co.uk/200-Veggie...mlyn+all+colour - Veggie feasts

The "feasts" ones are a bit more effort but still fairly easy generally.

Thank you, I will be checking these out. I think we might have that Hamlyn book somewhere.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tracy Crouch might be resigning as a minister today because the culture secretary delayed the FOBT price reduction she'd arranged for no reason at all

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

I think it's very expensive, but I also think it's a horrible waste of money to fly anywhere, because anywhere sucks.

I saved my money, staying put where I am and instead I just bought a milling machine with all that money I did not throw away on flying or similar.

Ooh awesome. Like an upright metal mill?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Can't wait to read about the Sun readers found in the garage with clothes pegs on their tits and dead from asphyxiation due to turning on the car to get the radio to work and forgetting to turn it off again.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Supercell isn't power metal he's jpop!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIrYjzHAEp0

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Treat my dick like an Italian waiter treats a giant pepper grinder.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Not sure about the technique of this mohel.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Darth Walrus posted:

The diagrams from Maps of Meaning should be enough to put most sane people off Peterson.

Tag yourself. I'm "The unbearable present".

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I strongly approve of Sun readers sitting in their cars in poorly-ventilated garages with the engine running

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

"Milk" that's just ground up nuts in water is a waste of time, shameful.

Soy milk is basically beans in water, the same as coffee,and is therefore a soup.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Guavanaut posted:

The only law I'm aware of for deer here is that there's a minimum bullet diameter and muzzle energy (in England and Wales) or weight and speed (in Scotland) or a mixture of both (in Northern Ireland) and it must be of a type that deforms on impact. Other than that it's not specified in law how you get it going that fast.

The deer act of '63 explicitly says no air weapons- you can use a suitable rifle or a 12 gauge up close. A suitably powered air rifle would do the job just as well as a normal rifle, but for a whole bunch more cash.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

If you're going to eat a lot of vegeterian/vegan food, tbh look to the cuisines that do it well, instad of making apalling fake sausages and cheese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=manjulaskitchen is amazing for this.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

WhatEvil posted:

Ooh awesome. Like an upright metal mill?

It's a german machine (1958) that does both vertical and horizontal milling, called a Deckel FP2.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Treat my dick like an Italian waiter treats a giant pepper grinder.

Nice humblebrag.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

If you think those suggestions are bad just wait until you see what they suggest you do with beans.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Give my dick an indian burn.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

WhatEvil posted:

Tag yourself. I'm "The unbearable present".

I'm SCP 42069 "Anomalous Information"

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
I bet lounges willl get an exemption from the licence laws in airports

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

I think it's very expensive, but I also think it's a horrible waste of money to fly anywhere, because anywhere sucks.

I saved my money, staying put where I am and instead I just bought a milling machine with all that money I did not throw away on flying or similar.
Now you can make your own plane.

DesperateDan posted:

The deer act of '63 explicitly says no air weapons- you can use a suitable rifle or a 12 gauge up close. A suitably powered air rifle would do the job just as well as a normal rifle, but for a whole bunch more cash.
Does that count for small deer too? That act says you can't use "any smooth bore gun of less gauge than 12 bore, any rifle having a calibre of less than .240 inches or a muzzle energy of less than 1,700 foot pounds, or any air gun, air rifle or air pistol" but those figures are only for the big ones, not muntjac or Chinese water deer or any of the small ones that fancy Victorians brought in for sport that ended up ruining woodland, you're allowed to use lower power for those.

It seems very arbitrary to exclude air when you can use any other means.

It also seems odd to allow shot when they banned using arrows or bolts or darts or anything else.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
this rain sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Gonzo McFee posted:

Can't wait to read about the Sun readers found in the garage with clothes pegs on their tits and dead from asphyxiation due to turning on the car to get the radio to work and forgetting to turn it off again.

If there isn't one that employs a Ginster's pasty for mutual pleasure I am not interested.