Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Not even on the Beeb site.

However...

A woman who developed a crippling fear of owls after religious grooming by her doctor has won a damages claim.

Owlfancier, any comment now it's no longer sub judice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

number one pta fan
Sep 6, 2011

my work is my play play
every day pay day

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Not even on the Beeb site.

It's on the broadcast. Watching it now. Seems like it's happened.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Lobster God posted:

I've taught year 9 up to the Iraq War.

Kinda weird teaching stuff I remember as history.

We stopped at the end of the Cold War. What are the more recent units?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Necrothatcher posted:

https://twitter.com/eli_schiff/status/957418002743472128

I just found out about Stalin's awesome granddaughter (who runs a thrift shop in Portland).

Tankie Girl

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Szmitten posted:

We stopped at the end of the Cold War. What are the more recent units?

Well it's ks3 so you can basically do what you want from 1066 onwards, as long as you tick the (broad, despite Gove's attempts) boxes of the national curriculum.

I like to take it fairly recent and cover 9/11 and Iraq as they're so important for our current situation.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The DPRK posted:

Yes! Rare to see anyone who listens to Youthmovies. What a band, and that album is their best work.

Saw them at All Tomorrow's Parties many years ago.

Necrothatcher posted:

https://twitter.com/eli_schiff/status/957418002743472128

I just found out about Stalin's awesome granddaughter (who runs a thrift shop in Portland).

Assume that's Svetlana's kid then?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Lobster God posted:

Well it's ks3 so you can basically do what you want from 1066 onwards, as long as you tick the (broad, despite Gove's attempts) boxes of the national curriculum.

I like to take it fairly recent and cover 9/11 and Iraq as they're so important for our current situation.

Ah, I see. I assumed it was a GCSE unit.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Lobster God posted:

Which iraq war and what do you teach about it?

And surely it becomes I dunno current affairs or something? Which probably isn't a GCSE.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

NotJustANumber99 posted:

And surely it becomes I dunno current affairs or something?
People entering KS3 this year were born after the start of the Iraq War (presumably it's the Gulf War in History mind).

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Which iraq war and what do you teach about it?

And surely it becomes I dunno current affairs or something? Which probably isn't a GCSE.

This reminds me that there was a very brief period when it was called 'Gulf War II' and not the 'Iraq War'.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

jBrereton posted:

People entering KS3 this year were born after the start of the Iraq War (presumably it's the Gulf War in History mind).

Yikes. yeah. I guess kids now are learning about things in history I actually experienced the same way I learnt about the three field system i think my dad helped initiate.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Last year I bought one of those beer advent calendars from Costco, and it was nice enough.

This year, I've spent more money on less beer, but got REALLY nice ones.

It's officially the 1st (Where's the new thread? Thread name suggestion - "It's beginning to look a lot like Brexit"), so here's the first advent beer.

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

forkboy84 posted:

Saw them at All Tomorrow's Parties many years ago.

Assume that's Svetlana's kid then?

My biggest regret not going to any of those, although the ones I really pine for were in the early years like the Autechre one when I was too young to go.

e: Is there anything that comes close to YMSS these days? There's a lot on the post-rock scene but everything I've come across is a tired EITS copy it feels like.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

What did the British government look like in the 17th century?

Like nothing, there was no British government until the early 18th century Fraser you twat.

Not actually QUITE true, check out the Protectorate...

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Dec 1, 2018

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Now is the time to say something really dumb and be lost to time in the monthly changeover. Argh... for the first time I can't think of anything dumb...

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

jBrereton posted:

And kids just entering 6th form (yr 12) were born after 9/11!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Now is the time to say something really dumb

NotJustANumber99 posted:

for the first time I can't think of anything dumb...

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Now is the time to say something really dumb and be lost to time in the monthly changeover. Argh... for the first time I can't think of anything dumb...

tommy 4 pm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

mehall posted:

Last year I bought one of those beer advent calendars from Costco, and it was nice enough.

This year, I've spent more money on less beer, but got REALLY nice ones.

It's officially the 1st (Where's the new thread? Thread name suggestion - "It's beginning to look a lot like Brexit"), so here's the first advent beer.
It had to wait for Fury Road to finish.

It's here.