Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

GeneX posted:

I'm sorry bills fans

There were a shocking amount of Lets go Bears chants today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

How close was that DEN kick for those of us without Redzone?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
The Seahawks are better than I thought they'd be this year, but they're just not ready to face up to the big guys yet. Too young, too sloppy, and Schottenheimer reared his ugly head again.

One of the worse games I've seen Wilson play, too. He has to be way sharper than that. At least it was against the AFC team, but we need to beat the Panthers and Packers at a minimum to have a shot at the playoffs now.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

OxySnake posted:

How close was that DEN kick for those of us without Redzone?

Lil bit

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers

Please find a kicker.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Ahahahahah holy poo poo that's the best celebration of all time.

Wrong thread don't care

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

this is actually just a list of which cities have the shittiest most ticky-tack cops (in reverse)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
God drat, that was a great game. The Rams are legit and tough as hell.

But Who Dat, baby. WHO DAT! :)

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Seattle isn't a bad team but they had a hard time staying in it after the Chargers scored on 'em a bunch in the first half. I really feel like the game was mainly close because Rivers kinda went coldish in the second half and their kickers suuuuuuuck hard.

It's nice having a defense that can make stops in the red zone again.

Solid win, Seattle's a hard place to go and compete in so i'm glad they took care of business.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
The Rams/Chiefs game in two weeks is still going to be fantastic. So far the Chiefs and Rams have both lost to the second best team in the conference while visiting. Reverse who's where and I think they might both still be 9-0.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I would rather the Panthers go to Los Angeles than New Orleans

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
The Saints are putting the rest of the league's celebration game on notice.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Hot take incoming: I'm no longer worked up about the Chiefs doing a fire sale on Marcus Peters and a late 2nd round pick return is sufficient.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Drew Brees seen here giving the Rams a Stunner.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1059247827614867457

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Silly Burrito posted:

Is there a counterpart Rams-beating-the-Saints drawing that's now going to get sold to a Best Western in Guatemala

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Pictured: one ram and one GOAT.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

A.o.D. posted:

:discourse:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

lol

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

LiquidFriend posted:

Hot take incoming: I'm no longer worked up about the Chiefs doing a fire sale on Marcus Peters and a late 2nd round pick return is sufficient.

dudes a huge gay baby and I'm glad he's gone and lol'd hard at his feeble efforts today

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How the gently caress does Brees not have an MVP

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

iospace posted:

The voters liked Peyton Manning better in the two years Brees was a serious contender for it. THe first time was because the Saints weren't good as a team, the second time they had no loving excuse.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

iospace posted:

Dude played in the same era as P. Manning and Brady and played on more flawed teams than the latter for the most part, especially on defense.

You could make an argument him or Favre deserved MVP more than Peyton did back in '09, tbh.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can't think of anything funnier than troy aikman's reaction to the cell phone celebration

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

iospace posted:

Because he's played in the same era as three better QBs

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

R.D. Mangles posted:

i can't think of anything funnier than troy aikman's reaction to the cell phone celebration

Just FYI.

https://twitter.com/jkatzenstein/status/1059252304833077253

iospace posted:

This is his year now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

a neat cape posted:

Because he's played in the same era as three better QBs

This is mostly it, just really bad luck.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

This is his year now.

Yeah, Brees and Mahomes are probably gonna be the top 2 this year.

Gurley and Rivers should be in the discussion tho

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
so texans/chargers is almost a near-lock for the 4/5 playoff right

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

so texans/chargers is almost a near-lock for the 4/5 playoff right

Texans could easily get a 3 seed.

And the Chargers are only a game back on KC.

Lot of football left

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
im just assuming the texans are the weak link in that bunch but it is fun to project two months down the line

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

R.D. Mangles posted:

Anybody got video of this?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Congrats to the Saints. They had pretty much the perfect game plan to stop Donald and they exposed the rest of the defense pretty handily. They were definitely the better team on the field and I look forward to the playoff rematch.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I was certain the missed PAT was going to cost the Texans the game the second it happened

Glad to be wrong (barely)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Strobe posted:

The Rams/Chiefs game in two weeks is still going to be fantastic. So far the Chiefs and Rams have both lost to the second best team in the conference while visiting. Reverse who's where and I think they might both still be 9-0.

Seems weird to declare the Rams the best team in the conference when they just lost by 10 to the supposed second beat team.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Seems weird to declare the Rams the best team in the conference when they just lost by 10 to the supposed second beat team.

I mean one head to head game is kind of meaningless overall.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: nvm

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Well, to be fair, who have the Saints beaten, really?

:v:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Who's at home matters (Saints homefield advantage isn't exactly small), still has the better record. Having just watched that game, 10 points doesn't seem like it was exactly a massive margin.

I'd have told you the Chiefs were still the better team after they lost to the Patriots in week 6 (and probably did a few times in that Aftermath thread).

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bears were held to 191 total yards on offense today

They won by 32 points

Let that sink in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean one head to head game is kind of meaningless overall.

I think it’s pretty meaningful when both teams have one loss and one team just beat the other by two scores.

Who knows where things will stand at the end of the year, but the Saints are on a 7 game win streak, have won 4 of their last 5 by double digits, and just beat the supposed best team in the conference by 10.

They’ve got a pretty good argument.

• Locked thread