Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Ghost Dog posted:

its important to remember they cheated to beat the ravens so that win doesnt actually count

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

But are they the best???

They are No. 1 in my heart

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CharlestheHammer posted:

But are they the best???

Let's ask Tina Turner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqDZOekUDzE&t=128s

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

How appropriate, New Orleans was also battered by Ike

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

drat irrefutable evidence

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Intruder posted:

How appropriate, New Orleans was also battered by Ike

:thurman:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm still worried about the Steelers in the playoffs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

God those 2 CB's bit so hard on a screen:

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/1059297930773848064

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Was gonna compare that game to married sex, but I can't, the coverage played great, the defense beat up the Packers and the offense was themselves, if it's married sex the only proper descriptor is

https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/2554608773

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

If my defender tackled like that in Madden I'd yell "gently caress this glitchy game" rage quit, delete the game and probably reinstall it the next day

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Baker ruined and our LT situation is loving dire

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2018/11/baker-mayfield-lobbies-hard-for-more-greg-robinson-at-left-tackle.html

quote:

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield lobbied hard for more Greg Robinson at left tackle after Sunday’s 37-21 loss to the Chiefs.

On two occasions, Mayfield mentioned Robinson — who subbed for an ill Desmond Harrison — when asked about positives from the game.

“Greg Robinson starting at left tackle and playing well,’’ said Mayfield, citing Robinson as the first good thing to come out of the loss, which dropped the Browns to 2-6-1.

Earlier in his press conference, Mayfield said, “I say there was a lot to build on. I mean, we had Greg Robinson start at left tackle. He played well. Stuff like that. There's promise right there. We've just got to be able to see that positive because you know you very well could throw in the towel at this point, but that's not what we're going to do. That's not what we're about.”

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

Was gonna compare that game to married sex, but I can't, the coverage played great, the defense beat up the Packers and the offense was themselves, if it's married sex the only proper descriptor is

https://twitter.com/ThatKevinSmith/status/2554608773

Is Tom Brady the CLIT?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Good job, all NFL teams that let Gordon go to the loving Patriots for nothing.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Leave it to Mike McCarthy to make an Aaron Rodgers team so goddamn boring to watch

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Looks like PI to me

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
That game was 3 hours of Rodgers throwing at covered receivers and Brady/Edelman throwing at schemed-open receivers.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Here's to an unfulfilling SNF, unfulfilled dreams, an unfulfilled life *cheerses everyone around*

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

mcmagic posted:

Good job, all NFL teams that let Gordon go to the loving Patriots for nothing.

Every goddamn pass he catches makes me mad. Browns you’re the worst.

Or maybe the Packers are because what was that. The Green Bay defense looked somehow legit for a while and then just fell apart and the offense was just completely out of sync. I don’t know if it was excellent coverage or a terrible o-line but Rodgers looked overwhelmed.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Yodzilla posted:

Every goddamn pass he catches makes me mad. Browns you’re the worst.

I keep going back to nobody was willing to bid above a conditional loving 5th. It's not even like the price was that drat high. Josh Gordon is a Jerry Jones player if there ever loving was one and that gently caress threw a 1st at Gruden for Cooper but he wouldn't beat a loving 5th for Josh Gordon.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm trying to picture Norv or McCoy showing any kind of emotion and completely failing

https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1059256897423822848

6-2 feels real good. Onto Oakland.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Well that was a lovely loss today, but I like Rivers and I like the San Diego Chargers of Los Angeles, so there's that at least.

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe
Ravens have pissed me off beyond belief, but I think I've learned two things about the team the last couple game:

All it took was a couple of injuries on the offensive line, and Flacco has been not seeing a lot of open receivers and getting hurried. Kinda highlights that he IS NOW a lot slower at going through his progressions than he used to be, and has been getting freebies thanks to the new mighty O line's protection.

That line can't last a season, so Flacco can't last a season. So, he shouldn't be the starter.

Also, the excessive use of Lamar Jackson only making a single play has already allowed defenses plenty of tape to make adjustments. Much like Ronnie Brown of The Dolphins running the exact same option rush over and over, you'll see the YPC crater quickly.

If you're not a true threat from the air, the Option Offense doesn't work for very long. And usually you can't have two threats from the air, because there's only so much practice time in a week to keep your WRs a in sync with the starting QB.

Can we gut this entire team's offensive coaching staff, and start new next year? If you're going to play Lamar Jackson that loving much, you might as well make him the starter, and make Joe take a pay cut / trade.

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Nov 5, 2018

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int

defaultluser posted:

the new mighty O line

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

CharlestheHammer posted:

But are they the best???

Yes

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

solarjetman posted:

That game was 3 hours of Rodgers throwing at covered receivers and Brady/Edelman throwing at schemed-open receivers.

I was listening to NFL gameday on the radio at work and I think it was Warner that described the offenses really well in that both teams have great QBs but one of them schemes well to make things as easy as possible for their QB knowing he can still pull off a crazy play if things go wrong while the other team basically just relies on their QB always making an insane play.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Clay Matthews is completely toast and it's funny watching him flail around uselessly.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The Packers might not be good.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Silly Burrito posted:

It's all about the record of the team with multiple Super Bowl wins and no losses. Saints win, they join the Ravens.

gently caress the 1997 Broncos.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FizFashizzle posted:

Clay Matthews is completely toast and it's funny watching him flail around uselessly.

The dumb thing is he was decent enough the first three games. I think a lot of it comes down to his utter refusal to try playing ILB because reasons.

Elephanthead posted:

The Packers might not be good.

Remember, Packers won the Super Bowl at 10-6, which isn't completely out of reach! 10-5-1 here we come! :getin:

It's out of reach

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Zerilan posted:

I was listening to NFL gameday on the radio at work and I think it was Warner that described the offenses really well in that both teams have great QBs but one of them schemes well to make things as easy as possible for their QB knowing he can still pull off a crazy play if things go wrong while the other team basically just relies on their QB always making an insane play.

It's almost like the Packers could use a better offensive scheme and play calling.. hmmm.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Mike McCarthy to the Cowboys, make it happen.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Cash Monet posted:

Mike McCarthy to the Cowboys, make it happen.

Just put Garrett in a fat suit, same thing at this point.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Harbaugh to Packers , McCarthy to Ravens

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

Relevant to your interests

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1059461047898308609

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1059360256432627712?s=19

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I can't stop laughing at the thumbnail...the tiny little guys.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

sweet thursday posted:

If my defender tackled like that in Madden I'd yell "gently caress this glitchy game" rage quit, delete the game and probably reinstall it the next day

game cheatin

SLOSifl posted:

I can't stop laughing at the thumbnail...the tiny little guys.

haha I thought it was a glitch or something

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

mastershakeman posted:

Jim Harbaugh to Packers , McCarthy to Browns

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010