Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Coolwhoami posted:

So who sucks more: Gruden, or Cable?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Perhaps the true war crime was what Oakland has done to David Carr

He has to defend Derek so much when people are mean about him on twitter, hasn't he already suffered enough?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Ignoring the GM side of Gruden's work - would a "replacement level" NFL coach be doing any better with the Raiders roster?

I think there's at least some part of players thinking their coach doesn't believe in them/want them to win right now. Like, if the GM is screwing the organization's chances to win this year for the future at least the coach can act like he's doing his very best to win. Instead we have...this.

Yes Reggie McKenzie exists. No I don't believe anyone in the Raiders locker room believes he's in charge.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DariusLikewise posted:

Goff/Wentz best QB class

Mahomes/Watson is doing alright too. Seems like we needed a couple of decent years after, like, 2013.

OxySnake posted:

Man the 2014 QB class is a mess.

Technically the jury is still out in Bridgewater with the injury, but Carr Bridgewater Bortles is pretty dire.

Speaking of possibly giving up too early 2015 is looking a little ragged too. Jameis might be too dumb to ever be really good, Mariota I still believe in but I think coaching (or a lack of it) will kill him. Other than that it's...Siemian?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Well the Browns offense appears to have at least functioned this week. A vast improvement over the Hue/Haley era.

Playing Chubb more seems like it should have been a no brainer from, like, day one. Just giving him the ball more seems like it would help quite a bit.

Hard to keep doing that when the Chiefs get up a couple of scores, and KC's run D played well by their standards today. But while the game was still in reach I thought they did a decent job feeding him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

Patrick Mahomes is one TD away from tying the Chiefs single-season passing TD's record, set by Len Dawson in 1964.

He's currently tied for second in franchise history with also Len Dawson in 1962. They were still the Dallas Texans at that time.

The Chiefs haven't thrown for a lot of touchdowns over the years, really.

• Locked thread