Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

indigi posted:

it's definitely better but idk about a lot better. the coaching is subpar and Eli is really That Bad

The biggest advantage the Chargers have is that their o-line is far better than the Giants', which is weird because for a big chunk of either QB's career, the opposite was the case. They've quietly and finally done a very good job rebuilding it with some smart draft picks (Dan Feeney in the third) and value FA pickups (Mike Pouncey and Russell Okung when he's been healthy have been great). Their o-line is a genuine asset for the first time since the late Norv years, which is admittedly kinda hard to believe. WR corp wise, Odell is the best of the bunch between the two, but the Chargers have Allen/Tyrell and Mike Williams, which is probably a little better than the Giants' WR corp overall since i'm not very high on Sterling Shepard. Barkley will probably be a better RB historically than Gordon, but right now Melvin is having his career year since the Chargers finally figured out he's best off in space.

Looking over the Giants' defense, the only guys they have that I think would probably crack the Chargers' starting lineup would be Vernon (since Bosa's out), Janoris Jenkins and Landon Collins. The Chargers' D isn't perfect - they really miss Bosa in obvious passing situations and Addae isn't suited to playing FS at all - but overall they're a fair bit better than what the Giants having going for them right now.

The Giants' roster honestly kinda reminds me of the 2015 Chargers one: some nice pieces but overall they're kind of a wreck, especially since they can't block at all and the coaching isn't great. (though Shurmur is probably a better HC than McCoy was) The main difference is that Eli is way more cooked right now than Rivers was.

Durandal1707 fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Seattle isn't a bad team but they had a hard time staying in it after the Chargers scored on 'em a bunch in the first half. I really feel like the game was mainly close because Rivers kinda went coldish in the second half and their kickers suuuuuuuck hard.

It's nice having a defense that can make stops in the red zone again.

Solid win, Seattle's a hard place to go and compete in so i'm glad they took care of business.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

iospace posted:

How the gently caress does Brees not have an MVP

Dude played in the same era as P. Manning and Brady and played on more flawed teams than the latter for the most part, especially on defense.

You could make an argument him or Favre deserved MVP more than Peyton did back in '09, tbh.

• Locked thread