Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Strobe posted:

The Rams/Chiefs game in two weeks is still going to be fantastic. So far the Chiefs and Rams have both lost to the second best team in the conference while visiting. Reverse who's where and I think they might both still be 9-0.

Seems weird to declare the Rams the best team in the conference when they just lost by 10 to the supposed second beat team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean one head to head game is kind of meaningless overall.

I think it’s pretty meaningful when both teams have one loss and one team just beat the other by two scores.

Who knows where things will stand at the end of the year, but the Saints are on a 7 game win streak, have won 4 of their last 5 by double digits, and just beat the supposed best team in the conference by 10.

They’ve got a pretty good argument.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Eh I don’t see how, I mean are the lions better than the Pats? If your argument is that similar records makes the difference well I find that very unconvincing.

If the Lions were also 6-2 and had just beaten the Pats to send them to 6-2 then yea, I’d say there were better. What a weird question.

Like, how the hell do you even determine who’s better if you ignore record and also head to head?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Stats probably, records and head to head seem like the least important thing

Good to know the Saints were actually the best team in the league last year. When can we expect our DVOA champs trophy?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

I assume the same time you get your NFL champs of week 9 trophy.

I know being super dumb is your gimmick, but still, you’re super dumb.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Strobe posted:

He's not the one getting salty that someone else dared suggest their team wasn't the best in the NFC.

I’m not sure it’s not Carolina, actually. I just think declaring that the Rams are actually the indisputably best team in the NFC is stupid given how close they’ve been playing teams recently and their loss today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Two Tone Shoes posted:

All he said is he thinks the Rams and Chiefs would be undefeated if they were at home vs the Saints and Patriots.

That does mean they have some other game on the road they might have difficulty with moreso but I don't think he was giving it that much thought.

Well, the Chiefs/Pats game was a 3 point difference which is around what home field is usually considered to be worth. The Saints game was wider than what you’d usually attribute to HFA.

But beyond that the Rams haven’t looked like a juggernaut for a few weeks. They barely squeaked by the Seattle, Denver, and Green Bay, none of them great teams. Rams are probably still favorites for the 1 seed but a lot of that is because their division is garbage.

• Locked thread