Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

sweet thursday posted:

Giving up a proven generational defensive talent in order to hope to score on a generational defensive talent in a draft when money wasn't necessarily the issue, at least not before 100 Guaranteed on a coach, is pretty funny imo

Especially when you wax philosophical shortly after on how hard it is to find good pass rushers

At this rate he's getting Baby Bosa despite having beaten cleveland. He's going to have to trade up for Tua in 2020 though or risk becoming less popular than Hue Jackson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Well the Browns offense appears to have at least functioned this week. A vast improvement over the Hue/Haley era.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

Playing Chubb more seems like it should have been a no brainer from, like, day one. Just giving him the ball more seems like it would help quite a bit.

Hard to keep doing that when the Chiefs get up a couple of scores, and KC's run D played well by their standards today. But while the game was still in reach I thought they did a decent job feeding him.

and finally loving using Duke Johnson seems to have helped plenty.

If Ward and Gaines can make it back I don't entirely hate our odds against the Falcons especially with Schobert on schedule to be back next week if the offense shows up again.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Baker ruined and our LT situation is loving dire

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2018/11/baker-mayfield-lobbies-hard-for-more-greg-robinson-at-left-tackle.html

quote:

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield lobbied hard for more Greg Robinson at left tackle after Sunday’s 37-21 loss to the Chiefs.

On two occasions, Mayfield mentioned Robinson — who subbed for an ill Desmond Harrison — when asked about positives from the game.

“Greg Robinson starting at left tackle and playing well,’’ said Mayfield, citing Robinson as the first good thing to come out of the loss, which dropped the Browns to 2-6-1.

Earlier in his press conference, Mayfield said, “I say there was a lot to build on. I mean, we had Greg Robinson start at left tackle. He played well. Stuff like that. There's promise right there. We've just got to be able to see that positive because you know you very well could throw in the towel at this point, but that's not what we're going to do. That's not what we're about.”

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

Every goddamn pass he catches makes me mad. Browns you’re the worst.

I keep going back to nobody was willing to bid above a conditional loving 5th. It's not even like the price was that drat high. Josh Gordon is a Jerry Jones player if there ever loving was one and that gently caress threw a 1st at Gruden for Cooper but he wouldn't beat a loving 5th for Josh Gordon.

• Locked thread