Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Alternate title: "No time for love, Dr Kosugi?"

Yeah I'm doing this game too.

What is this game?
Once upon a time, a small indie game company in Japan decided to make a bunch of games to pay homage to older games they like, namely on the MSX. One of those games was an 8-bit platformer called "La-Mulana." Through a crazy amount of exposure through various LP's showing how awesome and ridiculously merciless the games were, it would eventually get a remake, first on the Wii online store, then Playism/GOG/Steam. Little did we know though, that after the remake the guys at NIGORO weren't done, and the company head Takumi Naramura was already slowly but methodically planning the sequel. Cut to 2014, as Nigoro would set up a Kickstarter for their sequel, and barely eek by their initial goals by somewhere around $30k out of the $300k they were asking for. Development would take a while, and there was little to nothing discussed about it, but eventually in July 25 of 2018, Nigoro would release a stream detailing everything they worked on and ended that stream by saying "By the way, the game's out next week have fun."

And that's why we're here today.

Okay, but you never answered my question
La-Mulana 2 is a 2d action-platformer with a heavy emphasis on exploration and puzzle-solving, colloquially known as a "metroidvania" in some circles. The original game got its infamy by expanding its exploration and puzzle scale beyond the scope of what people would expect: The starter dungeon would open up into 3 totally different areas which themselves would go even deeper, puzzle clues from the "egypt area" would be used deeper into the game, and there are just so many wonderful ways to die almost instantly. La-Mulana 2 continues that sordid tradition, but NIGORO has definitely learned a lot from their time developing the first game. The maps are bigger, the traps are more sinister, the puzzles are more clever, and oddly enough the game is WAY easier to approach now.

In this game, you take on the role of one Lumisa Kosugi, adventuring daughter of the original game's protagonist Lemeza Kosugi. Drawn to South America by a letter from one of Lemeza's old contacts Xelpud, Lumisa soon finds herself following in her father's footsteps as she is tasked with exploring the ruins of Eg-Lana in order to understand why monsters are suddenly attacking the now-tourist-trap location of La-Mulana. Along the way we employ the help of the denizens of Eg-Lana, along with many returning cast members, in order to understand the threat that grows deep in Eg-Lana, and what exactly the original Mother had left behind.

Projected plans for the LP
Long-time stream buddy and avid carpenter Skippy Granola joins me as this LP's Short-Round. He also brings a pretty good wealth of historical knowledge that I am not aware of.

The LP's going to completion by my terms. Those terms are "gently caress intended progress, let's break the pathing and have fun." For those of you that watched my LP of the first game, its more or less the same flavor. We take the time to discuss things such as game design, historical influences, and just crack jokes as I methodically make my way through the ruins. Puzzle explanations are going to be somewhat vague, mainly because I don't have as much experience with this game yet compared to the first, but I'll try my best to explain things. No lore videos since I can just chat with Skippy about design influences, however I am working on a side project that I will post with each update (hopefully) as the LP progresses.

If you wish to see a blind run of the game, I have one of those on my twitch channel. On hard mode. I wouldn't recommend watching it just to keep the spirit of the LP alive, and I admittedly get hella salty, but the option's there.

Outside of that, enjoy the show.

Table of Contents

Attract Mode video to come.
Episode 1: The Surface
Episode 2: Roots of Yggdrasil
Episode 3: The Divine Fortress
Episode 4: Annwfn
Episode 5: Immortal Battlefield, first lap
Episode 6: Life Seal
Episode 7: Kujata & The Mantras
Episode 8: Gate of the Dead
Episode 9: The Feather
Episode 10: Takamagara Shrine
Episode 11: Ancient Chaos
Episode 12: The Vampire Killer
Episode 13: Dark Star Lord's Mausoleum
Episode 14: Heaven's Labyrinth
Episode 15: Wang-Luck Fairy
Episode 16: Anu & Surtr
Episode 17: The Brahma Puzzle
Episode 18: Hall of Malice
Episode 19: Hel

Highwang fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
The Side Project

This started as a prop for a halloween costume, but I figure it'd be fun to make an actual journal of each area of the game. With each update I'll include relevant images of the journal in the hopes that people will, somehow observe the clues we find in the game and make their own journal to play along. I figure it'd be a fun side project to see, so let's start off with a few opening pages that I already put on twitter.

https://twitter.com/Highwang1/status/1050263857166409728

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Highwang posted:

carpenter

cabinetmaker :colbert:

Happy to be along as you explore your mother's backside.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Oh hey,
a second La Mulana 2 LP to follow while the other one is on hold. Why not?

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Ground floor on a Highwang LP how exciting!

I don't really know much about La-Mulana other than it's very cryptic and easy to get lost in, so I'm excited to watch someone who knows what they are doing.

fucking love Fiona Apple fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Nov 3, 2018

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Real excited for this, played quite a bit of it earlier, though I didn't beat it yet.

Also:

Highwang posted:

Development would take a while, and there was little to nothing discussed about it, but eventually in July 25 of 2017, Nigoro would release a stream detailing everything they worked on and ended that stream by saying "By the way, the game's out next week have fun."

You might have meant 2018 here.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So... Do you think you're actually going to finish this one? Because it's been a month since the last Nioh update and five since Odin Sphere.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Aumanor posted:

So... Do you think you're actually going to finish this one? Because it's been a month since the last Nioh update and five since Odin Sphere.

Nioh's been in scheduling hell, and Odin Sphere actually has an issue of that I don't have a fully functioning TV. I actually do have a Nioh update that would've come sooner, but VEGAS ate the last update for no reason.

Cyflan posted:

You might have meant 2018 here.

Oh hello what. Fixed.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Aumanor posted:

Are you a cop

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Skippy Granola posted:

Are you a cop

I'm not, I just don't want to get excited about another LP that's gonna stop halfway through. Or, y'know, two episodes in.

GameTrekker
Apr 2, 2011

Heck yeah, more La-Mulana! There really isn't any other game series quite like it. I backed the Kickstarter for this sequel, and I was not disappointed by the result.

Great to see you and Skippy Granola teaming up again, too. You two make a great duo.

To anyone who's been following Agent355's LP, I recommend also checking out Highwang's version of Lumisa's journey. La-Mulana games are open and elaborate enough to result in different playthroughs being vastly different experiences.

If I may be permitted to compare the two, I see Agent355 as a thinking man's LPer. He's for people who want information about every little detail of La-Mulana's world, including how the developer most likely intended the player to solve each puzzle. The LP is intended to simulate "logical" progression through the game.

Highwang meanwhile is more of a ride, more about the adventure and humor. Expect more colorful commentary. Also, following a logical sequence of events is for chumps in this LP. I'm looking forward to seeing what sorts of nonsense and shenanigans Lumisa gets up to in this version of events.

I personally enjoy both styles. But another big part of the draw for me is that both players love the game. God drat, I'm so happy La-Mulana got a sequel.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Update 2: The Divine Fortress

Just got off a loving sky boat so description's kinda brief, but yeah this place is hella Norse and also rather short. Odin is also not Odin but a group called ODIN comprising the original Norse pantheon? I dunno, its weird. Also we dip into Valhalla which is technically India-themed??? We kinda break sequence here in a mild way because I don't think the devs intend for you to dip into Valhalla so early, but hey I'd rather get mirai.exe now to save myself a headache.

Least we meet the best shopkeeper.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

I went to Valhalla this early and spent like a hour there because I didn't keep track of where the seals were.

If you play this please remember to keep track of the seals.

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009
I very much love that most/all the shopkeepers are references to other things, this is one of the more obvious (and best) ones.

GameTrekker
Apr 2, 2011

Speaking of that shopkeeper, I recommend giving him another visit at some point 'cause believe it or not there's something you missed with him! Specifically there's an animation he does after a moment whenever you buy weights from him. You would've seen it if you hadn't left so quickly.

As for the achievement with the pepper... From what I've heard, it has to do with using it on a certain NPC who's been trying to remain stationary for a very, very long time.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
New Update: Annwfn
EDIT: Re-Uploaded due to VEGAS being trash. May need time to process.

We're about to make people very upset with our inability to pronounce this poo poo.

Annwfn is a neat level that reminds me a lot of Temple of the Sun in the first game: Its a connecting zone to a lot more areas, and its where you get the faeries up and running with a quick sidequest. Depending on how keen your eyes are, with me being super blind on my first playthrough, finding Frey should be super quick and the quest this time around is as simple as "just go back to the starting area." Faeries this time around however need to be progressively unlocked, so for now we're stuck with the healing fairy Eir. You also want to talk to Frey since a NPC demands that you talk to him in order to unlock the Ankh Gate for the area, which is super easy to forget imo. The rest of the level is fairly simple, with the introduction of Mimics & Door Mimics being a constant threat to new players here.

The big thing about Annwfn is that you can't progress through most of it without the Rolling Shurikens and the Glove, both of which you get here. The great part is that Rolling Shurikens are actually super good in this game, dealing a fair chunk of damage and also activating various ground switches that would normally be out of place. It's also the first area where you have to come in through other entrances in order to progress, requiring you to enter through both the south and north entrances from Roots of Yggdrasil to properly complete. The sub bosses here are super interesting, with Ixtab being a fascinating bit of cultural intrigue based on what Skippy presented in the video. We also meet our "Beelzebub" of this game with Heimdall, who is super boring by comparison but still a sign of things to come.

Aside from that, nothing really much to Annwfn. We have yet to solve a few puzzles since they require us to beat the boss of the area, but I have to continue my goal of doing as much as I want without beating a boss. Next level's a bit of a doozy though in terms of size.

Highwang fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 17, 2018

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Why does the video stop abruptly?

(Also I don't think anyone's going to be mad over Welsh, it's hard)

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Highwang posted:

New Update: Annwfn
EDIT: I hate VEGAS Pro! I have to re-render the video since their loving canvas select is so goddamn stupid.

So... was that video supposed to abruptly end mid-sentence?

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

AweStriker posted:

Why does the video stop abruptly?

Xerophyte posted:

So... was that video supposed to abruptly end mid-sentence?

(Also I don't think anyone's going to be mad over Welsh, it's hard)

VEGAS is weird because it doesnt' render the entire canvas of a video edit like Premiere does. There's a little bar up above that shows you what's going to be rendered, which doesn't automatically update on my end unless there's a setting I'm forgetting. This bar changes with how you edit the video, clicking at spots more than once, or even loading a different project. What had happened is that the render bar was still holding the "render time stamp" of the last update, so it cut off a good minute of this video without me realizing it.

I should just acquire premiere. VEGAS sucks.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Highwang posted:

VEGAS is weird because it doesnt' render the entire canvas of a video edit like Premiere does. There's a little bar up above that shows you what's going to be rendered, which doesn't automatically update on my end unless there's a setting I'm forgetting. This bar changes with how you edit the video, clicking at spots more than once, or even loading a different project. What had happened is that the render bar was still holding the "render time stamp" of the last update, so it cut off a good minute of this video without me realizing it.

I should just acquire premiere. VEGAS sucks.

Augh, that sucks. At least it was easy to fix.

Given the content of the next episode, I can't wait to see how Skippy responds to the best enemy in the game.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
New Update: Episode 5: Immortal Battlefield, first lap

This place is big. Really big. I want to say Twin Labyrinth tier big, but I honestly think its bigger by comparison. Immortal Battlefield is a level you are not going to finish in your first lap of the area, since there's a lot of outside items you need to pick up in order to further expand your ability to explore. We do a lot of actual stuff within it at least, however this is not the last time we will be coming here.

More than likely, the first thing you will be doing here is the puzzles for the Earth Spear. The spear has been significantly upgraded than the first game's version by merit of you being able to throw it forward now, making it insanely more useful and effectively making the shuriken somewhat obsolete. You can still throw through floors, however you need to crouch in order to do that now. Aside from that, the other point of notice initially is the submerged shop that I forgot to go into this video; This shop sells the Race Scanner software, which tells you the author of any tablet you happen to run across. This is quite useful to have, and while it's not mandatory to have for puzzles its good to have in your first play-through in order to know the ins and outs of the tablet authors.

A very important thing to note is that Mulbruk's base of operations is here, next to the holy grail tablet you are initially able to get to. Mulbruk is important if you want to 100% this game, however she's not mandatory at all and is a really good person to talk to in general. As you go through the game, she will help you explore various areas based on what you've done so far; initially she'll explore Annwfn, Immortal Battlefield and Shrine of the Giants (?), and after those are explored she will then explore three new areas that we don't know of yet. Once she's done exploring you will get her boots, which are great because they prevent slipping on ice completely, but we can't get that for a long while. Afterwards, she'll hint at software combinations in order to help you get an edge on the game at the ending portions. Overall, Mulbruk is still rad and will constantly be a source of help for you.

The Gale Fibula is a weird item that I don't know how to feel about it. It's a run button that acts as the Pegasus Boots from LttP, making you go until you crash into something and die. Many puzzles require this item, so it is a necessity that you will be interacting with. I just don't like how it's designed gameplay wise, since you have to menu around to both put it on and take it off for very specific circumstances. If it was easier to access in a menu, or just something we can put on say the subweapon or use-item button, I'd be all for it since it would be less busy work. I also wish it could be used for speed tech, but right now it's effectively a glorified key to certain puzzles.

Finally, the things we can't do yet. I skipped Rattatoskr because while he's actually a simple fight to do, we don't have the means to solve the puzzle afterwards and I didn't want the video to drag on any longer. Many other puzzles here such as the tidal waves and the weird projector also require outside items, so we can't really interact with them at the moment. We also saw Lemeza & Shawn in various areas just out of our reach that we can't interact with, so we have to leave them to their own devices for now. Overall, a lot happens today, because this place is gigantic.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Considering the El Bauls were stated to be made by the Lokapala, I'm not counting them as aliens. They're more like Mudmen. With guns. And bombs.

The weird helmet and such does kinda throw things off though, I guess.

I am very glad Skippy enjoys Kabandha, the happiest, orangest friend.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Speaking of Vegas issues, have you tried DaVinci resolve? It's free even and got a pretty decent suite of options. Even if I prefer shotcut a bit more.

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009
Kabandhas are the goodest bestest boys, also yeah the immortal battlefield, as the stand in for Midgard, the human realm, is appropriately huge.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
New Update Episode 6: Life Seal

Here's a set of side-content that, technically we shouldn't know about, but given the location we have been to it's feasible to get everything we need.

The main attraction today is most of Ice-Fire Treetop. This area is big. Not Twin-Labyrinths or Immortal Battlefield big, but it's another one of those "one zone, two tablet" areas that is technically it's own backside. The big threat here is two forms of lava; Regular lava which is countered by the Ice Cape, and the new threat: POISON LAVA. The latter is essentially an instant kill with how quick it drains your health, so you have to act with caution in the lower parts of the level. Outside of that, the place is exactly as advertised; one half holds fire and fire-related traps, while the other half has ice physics and spike traps.

We also make our way through Shrine of the Giants. While Ice-Fire Treetop is partially an ice level, Shrine of the Giants is ENTIRELY an ice level, complete with snow and yetis. A lot of this area's going to be sealed off by a mantra puzzle that we don't have the key items for yet. We also technically come in through a means that most players would be unaware of; The sub-boss at the end of this area has a tablet that says "Its obsidian skin can only be crushed by great weight," and from that clue we have to intuit that the ice blocks need to be pushed onto him in order to damage him. This alternate entrance is really valuable since it opens up an easy way to get to both the holy grail tablet alongside a new weapon, however we lost the opportunity to get the Dark Lord's Footprint we would've seen in the main entrance. The main reason for this alternate path is to get the Birth Seal, which is simple in practice to get, but is a bit tricky to initially parse since you have to drop through snow in order to get to.

Once you can get the birth rune, you can get the life rune by means of the Icefire Treetops. The big issue is accessing the room since it involves a very tricky jump near some spikes, then a platforming challenge across pits, then room with both a pit trap and a crusher trap in order to access it. The area's also rife with flying enemies, so caution is of the upmost importance here. Once the rune is gotten though, the world is your oyster.

We also finish up the video by fighting the boss of Valhalla: Vritra: This boss is simple in terms of patterns, but your real difficulty is going to find footing to hit him from since one of his fireballs, his claw and his big jump are prone to breaking platforms close enough to get a good hit in. One thing to note: you can get to this boss as early as video 3 of this LP, however he's way harder unless you get some more gear. The big asset for us is the upgraded whip since it has just enough reach to clock Vritra as you jump into him, and it has probably the highest damage of your weapons at this point in the game. This boss though is mainly a test of your ability to platform and how patient you are in looking for weaknesses.

Next time, we crack open a lot of seals to see what we get! Also, we get to see our next boss!

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
New Update Episode 7: Kujata & The Mantras

Description to come later, update now.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
You're wrong there. Those two Ankh jewels in the store are absolutely mandatory and don't replace any of the puzzles. It feels a bit lazy and it would really screw you over, if you need a last key and don't remember that shop.

Anyway, I enjoy this LP so far. It's basically the opposite of Agent's, where he collects all the tablets and doesn't solve anything until he presents the way you're supposed to find the solution.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 8, 2018

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009
As a note, the ice cape does help resist the damage of poison lava. It's just, it makes it go from instant face melting damage to just fast damage somewhere around how much pre-cape lava did.

Also, Agent's LP sounds interesting, anyone has a link handy to that?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Glalev posted:

Also, Agent's LP sounds interesting, anyone has a link handy to that?

I hope Highwang doesn't mind.

Due to technical problems it's on hiatus. But that should be over soon.

GameTrekker
Apr 2, 2011

The conundrum that Modgud outlines is one of my favorite puzzles in the game. In short, Lumisa needs to go see Hel (apparently), and Modgud says that that requires entering the Eternal Prison, which requires beating Vidofnir, which requires the "power of flame", which requires trading with Sinmara, which requires the Light Scythe, which is in the Eternal Prison. And since that's a loop, basically gently caress you.

The correct way to interpret Modgud's speech is that there must be some alternate means of, and I'll spoiler this just to be sure, entering the Eternal Prison. I personally never solved this puzzle. I, much like Highwang, found Vidofnir in my first playthrough and was completely stonewalled at that point. I only stumbled upon the real solution by trying a whole bunch of things I didn't really think would work but one of which ended up working. I'll say something else about this once the LP gets to that point.

Of course, to be fair, if the puzzle really had no solution, then the whole game would be unwinnable. So, technically, another viable option for pursuing a solution is to pay attention to what Modgud says to do but ignore her assertions about what's possible, as Highwang is effectively still doing to this day. ("All a roundabout way of saying 'get the Light Scythe'"... I mean... I GUESS...)

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009

cant cook creole bream posted:

I hope Highwang doesn't mind.

Due to technical problems it's on hiatus. But that should be over soon.

Thank you very much.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Illegaljk

Anyways, New update: Episode 8: Gate of the Dead

This level's pretty self explanatory, but try to imagine stone temple from Majora's Mask. Its level design is going to turn you on your head, along with many other things that will now act as crusher traps. Everything about the level is pretty self-explanatory imo, so I won't talk your ear off. However, I would like to pose a question to those that beat the game or have enough experience otherwise. If you're sensitive about spoilers, probably shouldn't look at said spoiler.

Is this level even necessary? I'm wondering if you can skip it entirely outside of the boss trigger for a later level since it seems like the puzzle for this zone is just accessing the back side, however a clever or curious person can arrive here without solving the requisite puzzle. I want to say its skippable, but I didn't think to try and set it up for the LP.

We also do fight Jormungandr today, and I'm pretty sure that boss was designed to be fought when you have the Katana. It just fits too perfectly to no be intended. It's a pretty good homage to Palenque though, right down to all the little details.

On another aside, does the video seem really quiet to anything else? It sounds like a dead obvious question, but lately it seems like everything on my end is super quiet outside of Discord and VEGAS for some reason so I'm a bit worried the videos are too quiet to listen to.

Highwang fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Dec 15, 2018

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Do you die if you don't have an lp running, wang? I swear there's always one going by you :v:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Highwang posted:

Anyways, New update: Episode 8: Gate of the Dead

Is this level even necessary? I'm wondering if you can skip it entirely outside of the boss trigger for a later level since it seems like the puzzle for this zone is just accessing the back side, however a clever or curious person can arrive here without solving the requisite puzzle. I want to say its skippable, but I didn't think to try and set it up for the LP.

Not 100% sure but IIRC entering the back side via this area will get you into a part of the back side you can't access via Blood Corridor. Of course, it's entirely possible I'm wrong here and you don't need to do the main puzzle at all.

But why the hell would you want to skip the level with the best music track in the game?

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 15, 2018

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

anilEhilated posted:

Not 100% sure but IIRC entering the back side via this area will get you into a part of the back side you can't access via Blood Corridor. Of course, it's entirely possible I'm wrong here and you don't need to do the main puzzle at all.

But why the hell would you want to skip the level with the best music track in the game?

Someone on YouTube pointed out that no, you can't, since you need to solve the puzzle to trip event flags for a boss. And while Closed Nidavellir is up there I wouldn't call it my favorite song in the game.

Also that "AND THEN HE DID THE ENTIRE LEVEL AGAIN" causer is, indeed, a beautiful trap.

"Ennead" is three syllables, by the way.

GameTrekker
Apr 2, 2011

Speaking of beautiful traps, there are a number of other amazing examples of how accurate Highwang's "a Rube Goldberg machine of death" description of this zone is. I remember one that I kept falling into that sends Lumisa careening into THREE different spike traps. What else is there...

Oh yeah, there's also The Foot, which is seen in the video at 23:35 but not activated. It's the thing above the skeletons in the lower left. Basically, if you mess up the running jump in the room above by falling into the pit, you slide off of a slope on the wall and land where the skeletons are. Then The Foot promptly swings down and crushes you.

ALSO THERE'S THIS AMAZING CLIP from Highwang's blind run of the game. And yes, I'm sure this was completely intentional on Naramura's part. He is the cleverest demon.

Highwang posted:

Apart from what the last two posts already said, it's not much of a spoiler to say that this zone also holds a mandatory item that you didn't get in this video. So yeah, it's true that, overall, there may not be a whole lot that actually happens in the Gate of the Dead, but it is conclusively unskippable.

Funnily enough, Agent355 made (as much as he could) a beeline straight for this zone in his LP to get the Katana. It really is generally considered to have gone from possibly the least useful weapon in the first game to probably the most useful weapon in this one.

EDIT: Oh Highwang, you might want to edit the first post to include a link to the game's attract mode. (You just seem to have forgotten to do so, since it's been sitting on your channel for some time.)

GameTrekker fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 16, 2018

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Can that blind run be found somewhere? I'm really curious about how someone who knows the first game inside and out confronts the second for the first time.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

anilEhilated posted:

Can that blind run be found somewhere? I'm really curious about how someone who knows the first game inside and out confronts the second for the first time.

Check my twitch page for hours of spite. Also, other people's crazy fever dreams helped.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy
I just finished watching a different stream take on this game blind, and it took them 45 hours over a few months (2-3 hours a week). Looking forward to seeing a more in-depth and knowledgeable run now!