Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Kareem Hunt is pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That looked like a business decision by that Browns receiver not picking up the first down. Not that it matters since they easily converted on the next play.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Sammy Watkins pulled a hamstring or something on that play? Maybe he's just walking like an old man because he wants to.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Browns...well that might actually be a good spot? Either way they got the first down.

Sure looked like the refs were screwing them at first.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Why was that Browns DB talking poo poo?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Codependent Poster posted:

Who ya got: Nathan Peterman or Curtis Painter?

Huh, I was about to say remember when people thought Curtis Painter might be good because he backed up Peyton for so long, then he actually saw the field?

But I must be thinking of something else since Painter was only with the Colts for three years, who was Peyton's longtime backup?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tom Sellout posted:

I believe you're thinking of the inimitable Jim Sorgi

This is an incredibly forgettable name, I don't blame myself.

Huh, Dee Ford making himself some more money for next year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Bruce Arians apparently hasn't been watching the game he's calling where the Browns have consistently gone for it on fourth down.

"I think they were just trying to draw them off there."

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The Chiefs have a time out you loving idiot refs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

Are you loving kidding me why is that a loving rule.

Trent Green and Bruce Arians are incredibly dumb though. Like the ref said what the rule was and they cannot get it through their head and are talking about the play clock for some reason.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Power of Pecota posted:

Grounding because the refs couldn't start the play clock in time? Cool.

No, by rule for whatever reason you can't clock the ball if the game clock isn't running.

It's a dumb rule but I guess it's a rule. Ignore perma-concussed Trent Green and Arians talking about nothing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

I'm pretty sure the clock should have been running because the Chiefs declined the penalty though. That's what's so monumentally dumb about this.

Yeah I wondered about that too, no idea.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

My conclusion is that these refs suck. I know that's a spicy hot take coming from me in particular, but I feel like it's supported by evidence like that phantom no-explanation strip sack that never happened.

For whatever it's worth Geoff Schwartz seems to think any penalty, accepted or not, stops the clock under 2 minutes. Not that he's an officiating expert but I guess it would make some sense? I'm honestly not sure what's correct there.

Either way agreed about the refs sucking. The Browns have their own complaints from that half too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Nice snag by Spencer Ware there, Mahomes missed that pass.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I wonder if the offensive linemen get pissed when the accepted penalty is against them when there are multiple options like that.

poo poo accept the penalty on Kelce, he gets to score TDs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Jesus, I thought that was going to be a pick or thrown out of the end zone and it's an easy TD.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Buffalo Bills total passing TDs this season: Still 3.

Everyone knows the reasons why but this is still the most :psyduck: stat this season.

What's the modern record for least TD passes in a season?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hey, blocked punt. Cool.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Rigel posted:

I do not see anything in the rules that says spiking when the clock was stopped is illegal. Its stupid, and the refs should say "good job dumbass, the clock was stopped", but its not a foul.

I think it's coming from the other direction. You can only legally spike the ball from under center immediately after receiving the snap to stop the clock. So if you aren't stopping the clock that doesn't apply, hence grounding?

I agree that there's no reason for it to be a penalty, but I guess it happens so rarely no one's bothered to change the rule :shrug:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
There's a Dorian O'Daniel not-good play, he's probably had others but that's the first one I've noticed.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I want a turnover and return just to see someone scare the pigeons.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Stupid penalty Hitchens.

It'll be an automatic first down Trent.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I support going for two all the time, but I also see it as a really dumb motivational attempt by Gregg Williams rather than him trying to do something fun.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Did the Browns promote someone to DC or is Gregg doing both jobs?

Just out of curiosity, it's not like anyone else has really stopped the Chiefs so I'm not blaming him for today specifically.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I wonder if when he was still around Deacon Jones would see stats like this and get pissed.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Starting to feel bad for Peterman at this point

I mean it's not his fault he keeps getting run back out there. What would you want him to do, refuse to play?

I mean, if I were a Bills fan this is exactly what I'd want, but you get what I'm saying.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
No one other than Chiefs fans are still watching this game but I really liked Mahomes fake throw on that run.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ummagumma posted:

I don't get putting the first stringers back out here when you're up 25 with 5 minutes left

The Chiefs did this against the Bengals up 35 with like 4 minutes left a couple of weeks ago and I was loving pissed. He was already out injured but imagine if Burfict had still been in the game, he'd have been killing himself trying to injure someone.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

I spoke with the Browns text report line

This has been an actual thing, huh?

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland...57/#112435157_2

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

I do kinda want Mahomes to throw another pass TD though, so I'm conflicted.

I pretty much blame opposing offenses. You're not fooling me into thinking the D is actually ok, they need to keep scoring so Andy needs to keep scoring.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ghost Dog posted:

nah, stupid teams do it a lot cause they are panicy/ the coach is toxic.

If you're the Browns you do it because the coach is toxic but you have nothing but toxic coaches to replace him with.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ghost Dog posted:

probably because of all the times before theyve done the stupid panic move. it kinda lets everyone know you are a lovely organization that constantly think its just one more firing away from being good. if you think the solution to your problems is smashing the FIRE COACH button midseason your organization is just such utter garbage that youve decided to perpetually fire people

I believe this is actually the first time they've fired a coach in season in a while? Looks like Butch Davis was their last in-season firing. Haslem just loves to fire people after a single year. Trying to fix that made them hang onto Hue and led to this, which is kinda funny.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

This type of thing was illegal for decades. gently caress the NFL so much.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh that was Taysom Hill. I wasn't really paying attention.

I was like, maybe don't try to truck someone after you already have the first down Drew. It makes a lot more sense now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

In any other season Rivers would be putting up MVP numbers.

Instead, we have Patrick Mahomes.

Drew Brees too. Goff's not far behind and he probably wouldn't be voted MVP of his own team. This season is ridiculous in a lot of ways.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Qwijib0 posted:

but every team

The Browns went for 2 after every TD today. They failed to convert all three attempts, and knowing him I think Gregg Williams is probably doing it for the wrong reasons (send a message, or establish an attitude or something dumb like that). But it was still nice to see.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Christ, Donald is so good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Probably ought to block Aaron Donald

It only looked like he was unaccounted for because he beat that guard immediately.

As it turns out the Saints are pretty good at offense too though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Codependent Poster posted:

Saints and Rams rules

Haha, I love that Eli Apple penalty they just showed.

'gently caress it, I'm probably getting beat anyway. Let's get the tackle started early.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
:ohdear: Saints.

• Locked thread