Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

That Which Squeaks posted:

Think Harbaugh gets gone? I only saw the rumor mill was buzzing, don’t have any more knowledge

hes wanted him fired since before he won a superbowl, during him winning a superbowl, and the season directly after what do you think hes going to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

thats blatant grounding? yeah, very obviously grounding. why wasnt that called lol

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he never left the pocket, and threw the ball like 40 yards away from everyone as he was being hit

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

swickles posted:

He left the tackle box, yes he went back in but the rule is not about being in the tackle box, but about leaving it. Once you leave it, theoretically there is no re-establishing it.

no he didnt, he was outside his LG maybe but his tackle was to the side of him on the ground. that would be an absurdly generous definition of tackle box

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

swickles posted:

His tackle got blocked inside of him...

maybe it was a TE then but from what i saw a steeler on the end of the line of scrimmage was multiple yards wide of big ben. either way he was never far outside that guy if he was at all.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Flacco missing another wide open receiver. in terms of reads i mean

yeah this isnt how that works

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

I don't see other QBs miss as many wide open guys as he does.

you are not paying attention then

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I dont think they've passed to Jackson yet so he may have just been a decoy. Which would be a pretty stupid idea so hopefully just missed him.

theyve used him as a decoy like almost as many times as theyve used him for anything else? either joe intentionally did the read wrong or the play was to the middle of the field. yeah he was open, but so are a ton of checkdowns on a ton of plays, if they arent part of the progression they dont get the ball either

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hrrrm if it wasnt why would he insist it was then? checkmate

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

pg county is a good county, to be from

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

It's also where Merkle Wildlife Sanctuary is, where I love doing the CBC each winter.

i have no idea what that is i was 9

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lol suggs cutting inside to expose the obvious holding, cuts back outside to expose it again, still never called as the guys yanking him back and forth

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Ghost Dog posted:

lol suggs cutting inside to expose the obvious holding, cuts back outside to expose it again, still never called as the guys yanking him back and forth

infinite swim moves with a mans hands on your jersey, back and forth forever as a ref whistles while looking at the sky

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

If Marvin Lewis were going to be available that's who I'd want.

yo this rules

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

god i hate my dumb do nothing head coach!!! he adds nothing x's and o's wise and has an underperforming team!!!

to fix this we need....marvin lewis

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Even when the season is over I'll still watch most games i mean. And I'll have whatever reaction I want. I won't "stop" with the gloom and doom unless I feel it's warranted.

of note, winning the superbowl was not good enough to turn the doom and gloom off, actually winning every game by over 70 pts would probably still not do if they like, missed a tackle once

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

It's been like 6 years since the Superbowl.

6 years is within living memory kawa, im talking about how you acted during the superbowl. the act of winning the superbowl STILL didnt turn it off in the moment it wasnt enough

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

and it wasnt enough in the months following and it wasnt enough during the next season, you literally never stopped for even a tiny fraction of a second as your team won the only games that mattered

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

This is some weird urban legend and not true

yeah but it is tho you were still complaining and never stopped. winning the superbowl is not enough for you

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Athanatos posted:

Week 8 (which was all day + SNF Thread)

(Week 8, which was all day + SNF Thread)

Week7

only one of those has me posting much more than anyone else

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

this is what happens when only sad brains who willingly watch nfc east football remain imo

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Maybe more people oughta post more instead of us post less :). But I am trying not to dominate threads. I am working on it. If we start into a tailspin I'll still watch but my general fire and piss and stuff will die down.

this is the same argument as running up the score imo. if you guys cant compete with our hot takes maybe you should just post better

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cavauro posted:

are any of these games good.

all ravens steelers games are Classics

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

if dpi was enforced within 1 yard wr screens would be impossible to defend

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ok refs its pretty common knowledge that if your tackle is slow and bad enough hes allowed to false start its called the michael oher rule

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Codependent Poster posted:

lol refs have no idea what happened in the Steelers/Ravens game

by rule the ravens win, imo

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the worst team to ever play in the nfl is every single nfc east team, cause they only have one team and they rotate jerseys between the 4 "teams"

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the gdt started being bad the moment clownball was first typed out thats what i believe with all my heart

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Barudak posted:

Lets try to make Charnel House a thing again and see how you feel about clownball

i dont know this meme im sorry

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i washed the dishes while watching on my laptop and my diagnosis is the steelers are cheating but the ravens will win anyway

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

Nobody should rag on me for caring about stupid poo poo while "scorigami" is a thing

this is true and also i have no idea what it is and i bet its stupid as hell something a real nfc east kinda guy would like

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the culture of viciousness comes full circle

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kalli posted:

Some big ol' lineman rode Roethlisberger down and crushed his right shoulder. He looks really hurt and has been on the ground for a few minutes now.

that was zadarius smith you should remember this name cause some stupid loving team probably the raiders or the browns are going to make him the highest paid DE in football this offseason

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

It's just a unique score in the history of the NFL. It's cool and all It's just something I don't think is much different from the stuff I like that gets derided. I didn't mean to possibly shame anyone who might care about it so sorry to anyone who might have felt bad at what I said cause it sounds meaner than I intended it.

it wasnt as mean as i intended it and as we both are just personalities hosted in the same body who is cavauros roommate you actually meant it too

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

remember when the steelers threw away the division in 2011 cause big ben wouldnt stop playing on one leg? i hope that happens again

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

hrrrm im gonna need to watch teh film but maybe they should have covered that guy

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i wish teams would let the ravens rotate poor suggs out more often hes old and slow please dont be so mean to him

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Sucks if that Judon guy is hurt he seems good

hes cheap shotted like 4 qbs this year so yeah hes a hofer

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

He just needs to get his sack numbers a little higher to ensure his HoF enshrinement. Then he will retire.

when i saw him get his hands knocked off the steelers LT so hard that he went to the ground earlier it felt like his retirement announcement right there. who knows if thats actually true, but to start the season he was being heavily rotated but now teams arent really letting the ravens do that and he looks real slow. id put it at a solid 50% that hes washed rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Shes Not Impressed posted:

im a steelers fan so im nodding

he hit the bills qb like 4 steps out of bounds as hard as he could and he was inducted into the ring of honor at half time

• Locked thread