Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

seriously the soundtrack is loving great. the remix of the original theme and triggernometry during the two John missions got me so hype

plus I want the willie version of cruel world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Goofy half-assed reference in the epilogue, if you go to the general store in Armadillo and see Herbert Moon, there’s a lovely picture on the shelf behind him of the Strange Man from RDR1. John comments on it, saying there’s something familiar about the man in that picture.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

I find it weird that I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere that the Braithwaite mansion entrance is extremely similar to DiCaprio’s place in Django Unchained, with the extremely long path down lined by trees on either side.

And of course that they both burn down in the end

It’s an old Southern plantation manor. A lot of them look like that, long drive with the trees and all, and one burning is a pretty iconic image given how the Civil War played out. Both RDR2 and Django are drawing from the same imagery, which is IRL. It’d be like mentioning both Red Dead and Django have horses.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

JBP posted:

The whole epilogue is like a wholesome paint your wagon family western and in that spirit I really liked it.

I loved it. I had the biggest stupidest grin on my face so many times, mainly the Willie Nelson scored ride to the bank to buy myself Some Land and win back my love and Charles immediately broing down with me and coming to help me build a house, John’s adorable marriage proposal, getting our portraits taken.

It felt like a really necessary thing to have, since we leave Arthur sacrificing everything for John to have a new life. It’d be a huge bummer if the next time we see the guy it’s stepping off the boat in Blackwater having been Shanghai’d by Edgar Ross and having that life we saw Arthur die for seemingly immediately taken away for good. Getting to experience that at least for a time John and his family really did get that idyllic time together makes Arthur’s death feel like it meant something.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Yeah, at least John and Abigal got out for a time, and as a byproduct saved Charles and Sadie and Uncle from being pulled under as well. The only reason John gets back in is Ross being poo poo at his own job and blackmailing John.

John and Arthur both were too deep in to ever fully escape their lifestyle, but their turn to the good in the end saves other people.

Well, not Uncle. He bit it at the end of RDR1 right before John did. Charles and Sadie are hopefully still kicking though, and Jack obviously.

• Locked thread