Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Ending stuff: I had 100% honor, and decided to return for the money. Back at the camp, I ran into Micah, we had a long drawn out bloody as gently caress knife fight, until both of us were laying on the ground exhausted. Dutch showed up, and Arthur yelled to him "Micah did this to ussss" and Dutch gave Arthur a look of pained regret. Arthur reached his hand to the sky, and gasped his last breath. It hosed me up fam

Edit: I never saw my horse die. I returned to camp on foot.i like to think he's still out there, smashing headlong into trees

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

Also, Abigail sucks. She's 100% every wet blanket S.O. character that's ever been in any piece of fiction. There's a fine line between being understandably concerned about danger and risk and histrionically going "WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE LET THE RANCH BURN DOWN, JOHN MARSTON, DID YOU EVER THINK OF THAT?" and she did not tread that line very well.

John's way of life puts himself, Abigail and the boy in constant danger. She's stuck thru with him getting chased across the country, going to prison, robbing and murdering. It takes everyone they know either dying or disappearing for John to shake his faith in Dutch, to finally leave for the good of his family and reform. And still, even then John leaves a trail of bodies in his wake, the epilogue beginning with them having to relocate once again. She finally leaves for good and he begs her to come back giving the impression he's really changed for good and working his own ranch, and the first day she's back he's off to do a bounty job and it turns out he paid for the ranch with blood. He even throws it in her face a bit.

Like Gaz said how she's not catatonic is anyone's guess. She believes in him, and is let down over and over.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 9, 2018

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I played an unreasonable amount of this game since launch and I just finished the epilogue. Gamers never change.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Has anyone found any interesting stuff in New Austin? One of my goals was to visit tumbleweed, the burned down town you have a few fights in during RDR1. If you haven't been, I recommend it.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Nov 13, 2018

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

drat fully agree. I think if Rockstar still made sp expansions it'd made plenty of sense to have one for Sadie and one for John.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I've tried getting him fat just for that reason and it's nigh impossible, pardner. The man has the metabolism of a humming bird

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Losing Arthur gave the epilogue some real weight. The whole time I was running around as John I missed him, exactly as John and the others did. It just worked so well for putting you in the headspace, and made John's reformation feel earned. Knowing where the story goes next, too, kept me wanting to hang around the ranch and interact with the family as these are objectively "the good years". gently caress, what a game.

I noticed Arthur falling sick almost immediately, I noticed it while checking his stats on the menu and began taking tonics assuming it would cure. When it didn't, and his cough set in, I had this sense of dread, like what is the game doing to me? And then seeing it in his face, and people commenting on it, it just felt so natural and tragic. I ended up reading a book on TB, thanks Rockstar!

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 24, 2018

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Four-Eyes posted:

I'd just like to say the range of emotion Colm O'Driscoll goes through when you ruin his escape attempt is equal parts amazing and tragic. The animation done on that was something else.

Oh yeah. One of Dutch's plans I wholeheartedly agreed with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

mycot posted:

I thought I was in the clear for no more soul crushingly depressing moments, but then John and Abigail had to get married on the same hill they'll both get buried at. :smith:

Damnit I hadn't even noticed that

I'm replaying sp and it's fascinating to see the relationship between Arthur John and Abigail, knowing now what happens. He ALMOST doesn't go looking for John on the mountain and is pretty cold about it.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 30, 2018

• Locked thread