Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

I feel like the Dutch betrayal, Micah betrayal and Arthur caring about John cane in way to fast and wasn’t organically spread throughout the game. Also it was stupidly obvious that Micah was the bad guy.

The other problem I had was that Bill and Javier never had a good turn to being bad or against Arthur. It was like they all saved Javier in Guam and everything’s ok then all of a sudden Bill and Javier hate you.

That’s kinda what I wish was expanded more in this game was those two. Maybe have Bill be the rat and that’s the reason he goes and forms his own gang etc.

javier was a former mexican revolutionary who got swayed hard by dutch's libertarian rhetoric and bill was too loving stupid to question the boss

the group's rapid disintegration in chapter 6 was fantastic and probably the game's most impressive achievement for me, arthur's TB lends the open-world roaming this desperate melancholy edge (reflected in the changed tenor of all the chapter's stranger missions, most of which are him just trying to keep a little light and a little hope in a really lovely world) and the camp becomes so miserably hostile that you want to spend as little time there as possible, which of course just deepens the rift between arthur and dutch's loyalists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
also i knew in advance micah was the rat but not that he only started actively collaborating with the pinkertons after guarma, which in retrospect makes a lot more sense

all of dutch and hosea's best-laid plans didn't gang aft agly because of one psychopathic gang member tattling on them behind their backs, it happened because they're a couple of increasingly deluded old men who make bad plans

• Locked thread