Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Doomhammer posted:

I probably just missed something at the camp, but is there any indication as to what happens to Karen in the end? I think she's the only character whose fate I don't know.

It's especially weird when I got Tilly coming up to me right before the mission Red Dead Redemption and she's all "we gotta give Karen an intervention before she drinks herself to death" but I'm pretty sure that anyone not directly involved with the plot is gone from camp at that point.

Also, I'm with the folks who got choked up at the little audio montage as Arthur rides back to camp the last time, but 2 things related to that:
Did anyone else also get teary at Sadie's pleading and calling Arthur the only one she trusts when she asks him to go to the ranch to kill the O'Driscolls?

And what the gently caress was with the ride back to the reservation with Eagle Flies' dying rear end? Charles and the other dude are yelling at you to hurry and get the kid home to his dad, but if you ride any faster than the absolute slowest your horse will move, they get butthurt and yell at you to slow down.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Donovan Trip posted:

Ending stuff: I had 100% honor, and decided to return for the money. Back at the camp, I ran into Micah, we had a long drawn out bloody as gently caress knife fight, until both of us were laying on the ground exhausted. Dutch showed up, and Arthur yelled to him "Micah did this to ussss" and Dutch gave Arthur a look of pained regret. Arthur reached his hand to the sky, and gasped his last breath. It hosed me up fam

Edit: I never saw my horse die. I returned to camp on foot.i like to think he's still out there, smashing headlong into trees

Your horse dies when you and John are running from the Pinkertons and Dutch. I don't think it's avoidable.

thebardyspoon posted:

So Micah was only snitching after they got back from the Pacific right, according to Milton at least and they never got anything from Molly, so did the bank job in St Denis going so badly ever get explained or was it just bad luck? Feel like they should've just had Micah be a traitor the whole time really. Definitely echo a lot of the stuff I'm seeing here, game kinda loses itself after Chapter 4 and never fully recovers, there's some really good moments in the later chapters but some really dumb stuff as well.

Hosea and Abigail were casing the bank for what sounded like a week, and Dutch et al had just assaulted Bronte's mansion and the trolley station. It's not a stretch to think that Milton got wind of the Bronte thing and had men parked near big targets given Dutch's MO of "one big score".

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 9, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

I understand why people want to play with Sadie, but I think they clearly wanted to set up Marston's salt of the Earth home life to make RDR1 more retroactively poignant. The entire epilogue felt like it would've been DLC in any other game. It was loving long and had ton of poo poo in it. There are many legit criticisms you can aim at this game but "not having enough poo poo in it" isn't one of them

Also, Abigail sucks. She's 100% every wet blanket S.O. character that's ever been in any piece of fiction. There's a fine line between being understandably concerned about danger and risk and histrionically going "WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE LET THE RANCH BURN DOWN, JOHN MARSTON, DID YOU EVER THINK OF THAT?" and she did not tread that line very well.

You realise her husband and son have been missing, presumed dead something like half a dozen times between them. Not to mention the 2 or 3 times it happened to her. Frankly, her not becoming literally catatonic whenever the concept of outlaw poo poo comes up is coping rather well with the PTSD of it all.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

am0kgonzo posted:

otoh Sadie is a terrible character with grating voice acting

I'd rather play Miss Grimshaw (rip)

I too like women who shoot helpless pathetic unarmed drunks.

(I wish you could kick Grimshaw out at the same time as Strauss)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DrNutt posted:

The best we can hope for is that Sadie will be your intro character for online who welcomes you into town and sets you up with your first job, like Lamar from GTA online.

And the Housers will be all "Hey, there's NPCs from single player giving you quests in online, that's totally what people mean when they say they want single-player narrative content, right?"

• Locked thread