Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

When Sadie took the reins on Arthur's horse (RIP Specter, you were a good boy and I'm sorry about those times I accidentally slammed your face into a tree :smith:) in one of the final missions, I was expecting we'd play as her after Arthur inevitably kicks the bucket in the next five minutes. I didn't mind the epilogue with Marston and it was what I was guessing we'd get even before I started playing the game, but even then I was hoping we'd at least get to freeroam as Sadie once John fucks off to Beecher's Hope at the end of the epilogue. I suppose it was easier to use John because they wouldn't have to tweak any of the customization stuff for a completely different character model, but I'd still have liked to play the adventures of the badass bounty hunter lady.

It also feels a little weird to be running around the areas from RDR1 as John at this point because I always got the idea that was his first time in New Austin, but I guess it wasn't explicitly stated either way in RDR1 so whatever. And besides, it's postgame free roam so it doesn't have to make that much sense story-wise anyway.

No Pants posted:

Is John worse at drawing than Arthur? I sketched an interesting location, and it was unexpectedly lovely.
Yes. Check out his sketches of horses. :allears:

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Man, I just can't get into the post-game freeroam at all, it just feels weird running around New Austin as John.

I like how everyone was going "gently caress you Rockstar we want to post-game freeroam as John" for years after RDR1 came out, and now that we're finally able to do so in this game we're all complaining about having to play as John instead of someone cool like Sadie. :v:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Huh, apparently Arthur can run into a dying NPC who leaves behind a love letter to Bonnie MacFarlane. I never encountered that guy on my playthrough.

Of course, the RDR wikia nerds have decided to take this letter as evidence that this guy was Bonnie's husband, and edited her article accordingly. If you actually read the letter and have the capability to even remotely understand what it says, it's obvious Bonnie doesn't want anything to do with this weirdo after his unwanted advances but he wants to "prove her wrong" because he thinks they're meant to be together and he even had a dream where they were married. :downs: Ah, never change, fan wikis.

• Locked thread