Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
John's drawings suck and it upsets me with how much that bothers me.

The postgame in general is a pretty big letdown for me. For a game that just told a story that I really enjoyed, to then shrug and say "just ride around or whatever..." I don't know.
There's a vague premise of making money to keep the ranch going, but I've got more money now than I know what to do with and it seems pretty lovely to leave Abigail at home with a drunk and a bookish teenager.
Who's gonna milk the cow, carry the milk to the wagon, feed the chickens, carry the eggs to the wagon, water the livestock and sell all the products while I'm gone?

That said, I loving loved the game. Thoroughly enjoyed Arthur's story and him as a character. Just hanging out in the world, smoking premium cigarettes an chopping wood was good. At times it got kinda hokey, and some parts were definitely longer than they had to be, but as Arthur drew his last breath on that mountain I was genuinely moved and sad that he didn't get to ride into the sunset like he deserved.

And I got pretty misty eyed when Buell died. I promised I'd take good care of him dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
I just reloaded a save from chapter three to fill the journal with as much of Arthur's drawings as possible. That's what this game did to me. I need to have my computer man see the meteor shack and try the Lemmy hat, because I know he'd get a kick out of that. Christ.

And yeah, Buell. I loved Tar, my black arabian, but when Hamish asked me to care for Buell... I don't know. By that time any ray of sunshine was gold. Watching Arthur make a friend felt so good. The one cutscene where they just hang out in the cabin, shooting the poo poo. Two veterans of different wars. Chapter 6 needed that. I needed that.
The missions with Charlotte as well.

I'm just gushing right now. Helluva game.

Edit:

popewiles posted:

John's lovely drawings are hilarious and I love that detail you madman.

Haha, I agree. The detail is awesome. That's why it upsets me that it bothers me.

Runaway Legs fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 14, 2018

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
I wish the game would let me build the house and do the chores and then do the double twist of switching over to Sadie when we head off to kill Micah.

Also, I know it'll never happen, but I'd pay top dollar if R* slapped RDR1 into this engine as an expansion and just let me continue the story that way. I've never played it and I'm not going to buy another console in order to do so.

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure it's a body washed ashore on a beach somewhere that sputters to life when you search him and with his last breath begs Arthur to bring her his letter

efb

• Locked thread