Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m in epilogue 1 now and just started the mission “Jim Milton Rides Again?” or whatever it’s called and oh my god I LOVE Marston’s pyjamas

I have thoughts on the ending of chapter 6 (mainly that the Micah stuff didn’t start getting full focus until too late and also the very last you see of Dutch, at least in the good/canon ending, feels extremely rushed) but those can wait.

Actually what are the other endings? I got the Help John + High Honour one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can we talk about how fuckin good the D’Angelo song is in chapter 5 and what an amazing moment that is

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I thought Guarma was fine. I don't know that it fit into the story/themes very well but it was a good diversion and just short enough

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

What happens to Strauss? I didn't do anything for him and someone mentioned towards the end that he was picked up by the Pinkertons and tortured but he died without saying a word. Arthur says something like "I guess you can't tell a man's character by their appearance"

If you do all the loan shark missions Arthur eventually becomes so disgusted by it all that he kicks Strauss out of the camp.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If I didn’t act in time to stop the lawman being killed in Armadillo does that mean I’ve locked myself out of some bounties or stranger mission stuff or whatever it may be

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

emdash posted:

Anyone know the significance of the "Panoramic Map" you can find at a camp where two people froze to death? I wondered if it was a historical reference or just something I'm too stupid to get

This is probably the one thing I haven’t found an explanation for anywhere online

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I find it weird that I haven’t seen it mentioned anywhere that the Braithwaite mansion entrance is extremely similar to DiCaprio’s place in Django Unchained, with the extremely long path down lined by trees on either side.

And of course that they both burn down in the end

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mandrel posted:

It’s an old Southern plantation manor. A lot of them look like that, long drive with the trees and all, and one burning is a pretty iconic image given how the Civil War played out. Both RDR2 and Django are drawing from the same imagery, which is IRL. It’d be like mentioning both Red Dead and Django have horses.

Holy poo poo they do

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Rockstar ain’t never makin single-player DLC ever again

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahah the house building scene totally rules

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oh good here’s some more chores

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m such a sucker for this game I just got emotional because we got up to the mountain for the final mission, I switched to my cold weather outfit, and remembered the coat was the same as the one I used for Arthur.

So ready for my revenge.

e: jesus and then during the solo fight to Micah one guy got close to me and punched John’s Revolver out of my hand and I couldn’t find it so I had to switch to my other revolver......Arthur’s heavily customised Smithfield. jesus christ everything that’s happening is perfect

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 16, 2018

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think that’s a message in a bottle that pops up on some shoreline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I made the same mistake re: Micah. Maybe he just looks a bit like a character from 1. Irish perhaps?

• Locked thread