Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Epilogue 1 sucks. Shut up Abigail and John is lame compared to Arthur. Playing as Charles or Sadie would've been better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Guess I'll ask here too: I beat both epilogues and are you supposed to get all of Arthur's weapons / outfits back automatically? Because I definitely didn't.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JBP posted:

Yeah you should have your entire inventory. I was rocking Arthur's canon (to me) black metal Schofields.

Well that's a cool bug. :negative: Looks like it's happened to other people as well.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

abigserve posted:

Just finished it. What a disappointing final two chapters. The game spends so much time developing these interesting characters and plot threads and then totally ignores all of them.

I get that it's part of the story that Cornwall, Milton, etc. are only a representation of a much bigger problem and the real antagonist of the story is dutch's creeping madness but holy poo poo when you just roll up and shoot cornwall that was the lamest, wet fart of a mission.

I also didn't feel a real connection to John in this story, maybe it was his character but more likely I think it was because you don't really spend much time with him on non "murder everyone" missions because he's usually locked up somewhere. So when you "sacrifice" yourself to save him I was like eh whatever. Now if it were Sadie, it would have been a totally different and far more awesome story if you had to do it to save him AND her or something.

Also maybe I'm alone in this but I didn't feel sad when the horse died. I hate horses in this game, I spent way too much time riding them because of no quick travel, they caused me tons of wasted time fighting the law due to brushing against people, not to mention randomly clipping rocks and sending me flying.

Overall it was an incredible experience for about half the time I played it, then an absolute slog for the rest of it, so it comes out about average I guess.

:same:

I guess people that really loved RDR1 might have enjoyed the 2 epilogue chapters more. I liked RDR1 just fine, but I didn't really care to see John's story expanded when, as you said, there were more interesting characters to explore.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Donovan Trip posted:

John's way of life puts himself, Abigail and the boy in constant danger. She's stuck thru with him getting chased across the country, going to prison, robbing and murdering. It takes everyone they know either dying or disappearing for John to shake his faith in Dutch, to finally leave for the good of his family and reform. And still, even then John leaves a trail of bodies in his wake, the epilogue beginning with them having to relocate once again. She finally leaves for good and he begs her to come back giving the impression he's really changed for good and working his own ranch, and the first day she's back he's off to do a bounty job and it turns out he paid for the ranch with blood. He even throws it in her face a bit.

Like Gaz said how she's not catatonic is anyone's guess. She believes in him, and is let down over and over.

Except when she get's on his case for checks notes stopping his coworkers for getting the poo poo beat out of them, protecting the ranch and not turning himself in to bounty hunters.

If anything, she and John were poorly written for the sake of drama in epilogue 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

am0kgonzo posted:

otoh Sadie is a terrible character with grating voice acting

I'd rather play Miss Grimshaw (rip)

Sadie is a great character second only to Arthur.

John sucks.

• Locked thread