Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Please use this thread for any and all discussion for Read Dead Redemption 2 as it relates to the story arcs and whatnot.

POSTS IN THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS YOU DOPES

If you haven't finished the story and/or other content and you don't want to know what happens, DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER.

I'm not going to post any spoilers in this OP, but again, SPOILERS BELOW.

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Nov 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

I posted on Reddit a month ago that Arthur would die and we'd play as John. I don't know how people wouldn't see that coming.

I did giggle like a little kid when you do the initial Jim Milton missions and they riff on the music themes from RDR1. Great stuff.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

I’m in epilogue 1 now and just started the mission “Jim Milton Rides Again?” or whatever it’s called and oh my god I LOVE Marston’s pyjamas

I have thoughts on the ending of chapter 6 (mainly that the Micah stuff didn’t start getting full focus until too late and also the very last you see of Dutch, at least in the good/canon ending, feels extremely rushed) but those can wait.

Actually what are the other endings? I got the Help John + High Honour one

I only know of the optional ones where you go with John. In one, Micah shoots you in the head, and in the other you just crawl up the side of the mountain and die watching the sunset.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

Do stranger missions still pop up for John? I want to be sure I get all the missable trophies this time as I'm a dumb idiot addicted to meaningless pixels

Yes, and they're voiced and everything.

The sheer amount of stuff John talks through after the main game has ended almost makes me feel like this game was going to be John the whole time and at some point they added Arthur as the protagonist. I mean Stranger missions, he says the names of the bounties you go after, has conversations with other NPC's and the whole nine.

Also the loving Time Traveler collection bit is amazing.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

I'm honestly regretting finishing the story now. I always try to platinum good games, but a lot of the trophies for this are hot garbage (I'm not mashing X for 10 hours for some of the stupid Gambling challenges).

I think I'm burnt out.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Do the bandit challenges unlock at a certain point or does it open the first time you hold up a townsperson? I think I'm going to start a new game and do bandit Arthur. I got the trophy for doing all of the good honor story missions already so i can be bad now.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

I NEED the soundtrack. The little jingle that plays before John goes to Hanging Dog in the Epilogue and the revamped theme during that shootout. I loving NEED them.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

vainman posted:

It's weird how many story beats revolve around John, Jack, and Abigail being in danger. John alone gets captured or "killed" at least three times.

This feels really strongly like the devs are nudging fans of the first one every time. Like "Eh, eh? You know he lives!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

HatJudge posted:

The postgame in general is a pretty big letdown for me. For a game that just told a story that I really enjoyed, to then shrug and say "just ride around or whatever..." I don't know.

Hit the nail on the head. I had this amazing experience enjoying the game as Arthur. Then he got sick and I KNEW he was going to die. So I pushed through the story because playing as sick Arthur sucked. Then I hit the end game after the epilogues and I just lost all steam.

I still want to 100% the game, but I already have most of the legendary hunts and a lot of challenges done. I don't have the heart to start the game over from scratch to do them all again as Arthur, there are too many other good games to play right now.

• Locked thread