Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So Micah was only snitching after they got back from the Pacific right, according to Milton at least and they never got anything from Molly, so did the bank job in St Denis going so badly ever get explained or was it just bad luck? Feel like they should've just had Micah be a traitor the whole time really. Definitely echo a lot of the stuff I'm seeing here, game kinda loses itself after Chapter 4 and never fully recovers, there's some really good moments in the later chapters but some really dumb stuff as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Bedlam posted:

Yeah as far as I know this is a forgotten plot element. It was pretty clear from everyone's reaction of "how did the pinkertons get here so fast" that someone talked before the bank job in ch. 4 but then milton says its when he got back.

It had to be Mary Beth; no one is that pure. :colbert:

Yeah totally, and not just that they get there super fast but that they have Hosea and Abigail so they clearly knew the distraction thing was going down and set a trap for them AND then brought them round to the bank.

Chapter 4 feels like there were some rewrites or something, Angelo Bronte gets disposed of very off handedly and quickly in my opinion. Like it sorta seems like he's going to be the guy you work with for the chapter and then transition into the big enemy but then he fucks you over basically right after you meet him and then you go and kill him (obviously the timing depends based on what order you do the story missions but for me it was like, really jarring).

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Doc M posted:

Man, I just can't get into the post-game freeroam at all, it just feels weird running around New Austin as John.

I like how everyone was going "gently caress you Rockstar we want to post-game freeroam as John" for years after RDR1 came out, and now that we're finally able to do so in this game we're all complaining about having to play as John instead of someone cool like Sadie. :v:

It's cause John was cooler than Jack but now we're comparing John to Arthur, Sadie, Charles, etc.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah Dutch is so obviously desperate for money and for his entire worldview to be validated that pretty much all the big shady characters you interact with after the initial chapters sees him coming a mile away and manipulates the poo poo out of him, leading to him spiraling further downwards and out of control. It's pretty funny except when it leads to Sean or Lenny getting shot obviously.

• Locked thread