Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

originalnickname
Mar 9, 2005

tree
Google says less than or equal to 2TB. I say upgrade the firmware since you've got the drives on order anyway and if it works, yay you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

originalnickname
Mar 9, 2005

tree
All I can say is what works for me. I can personally attest that my fileserver has this one in IT mode and can do 4TB drives:

LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon] (rev 03)

I'm passing all the drives through to ZFS... Good luck!

originalnickname
Mar 9, 2005

tree
From Reddit (grain of salt)

That card you are referring to is a SAS1078 chipset. Most similar generic is: LSI Logic MegaRAID SAS 8708EM2 RAID Controller, similar OEM is a Dell Perc 6/i. Unfortunately this card does not support IT mode, but from some research shows you can configure each disk for its own RAID 0 in the RAID controller BIOS and it will report each disk individually. If its cheap or free, may be worth an attempt. It will likely slow the boot time down a bit for the RAID card to initialize, but most "servers" don't reboot too often anyways.

If it doesn't have a JBOD option, looks like that's the only way to do it.