Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins the champ this year?
This poll is closed.
A contracted Cleveland Cavs team. 4 4.60%
DUNK CITY'S REVENGE 4 4.60%
Not Gonzaga 5 5.75%
gently caress Duke 47 54.02%
Not your team, that's for sure 15 17.24%
Your 10 y/o niece's bracket pick 12 13.79%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marlows
Nov 4, 2009

Adun posted:

Just lmao if you think I’m counting any losses without Zion as legitimate

lol, ok. With Zion y’all barely won on a horrible Carolina shooting night.

Still, no surprise to see a Tony Bennett team crack under pressure. Made the day a wash in my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
oof

https://twitter.com/JeffDuncan_/status/1106933986075529216

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

i mean he’s averaging 8 wins a season like i know tulane’s not a powerhouse but when you pay for the dunleavy name that means something (that something being you don’t have a good vetting process)

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Well, UMBC won't be a problem this year at least.

godspeed Retrievers, you might have lost to Vermont today, but your god-tier trolling will remain undefeated forever

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Stupid newbie question, but this is my first March Madness (I follow NBA not NCAA). What are the big games for today so I can be relevant?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Franchescanado posted:

Stupid newbie question, but this is my first March Madness (I follow NBA not NCAA). What are the big games for today so I can be relevant?

Tennessee Kentucky

WI, MSU

Duke FSU I guess

Florida Auburn would really only be relevant for the SEC tournament but it’s a good game so far

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Big 12 Championship game, ISU vs Kansas. Neither team will be a 1 or 2 seed in the NCAA tournament though.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Franchescanado posted:

The biggest major conference game today is the ACC Tournament final, where Duke is pretty certain a 1 seed in the tournament if they can beat Florida State. The Kentucky-Tennessee game is also big, it's only a semifinal but whoever wins will be favored in the SEC final tomorrow, and could get a 1 seed by winning that tournament.

In the smaller conferences, any game that's a final is worth watching, especially any one that's within a couple possessions late, because generally those teams only get into the NCAA tournament by winning their conference one, so there's a lot on the line.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

elentar posted:

Well, UMBC won't be a problem this year at least.

godspeed Retrievers, you might have lost to Vermont today, but your god-tier trolling will remain undefeated forever

Vermont sucks, seed UMBC anyway

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Thanks friends!

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Vermont sucks, seed UMBC anyway

Counterpoint: Vermont is pretty good and will make some 4-seed miserable, probably one of the Kansases

Crap Tastic
May 15, 2018

Franchescanado posted:

Bowling Green State vs. Buffalo for the MAC Championship. Both won their home games head to head during the regular season.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Marlows posted:

lol, ok. With Zion y’all barely won on a horrible Carolina shooting night.

Still, no surprise to see a Tony Bennett team crack under pressure. Made the day a wash in my eyes.
drat dude you sound pretty upset about UVA and Duke, you ok?

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Franchescanado posted:

Houston-Memphis in the AAC semifinal, Houston has been the class of the conference all year but Memphis is at home and basically have to win the conf. tournament to make the NCAA tourney

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Y'all are sleeping (literally in some cases) on the championship game main event of the evening, to determine the proud winner of the glorious Conference Of Champions Pac-12

Just kidding that game will suck and Washington's probably gonna lose again and get some bullshit 8/9 matchup

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Go Duke but at least if they lose I’ve always had a soft spot for FSU/Leonard Hamilton. Just can’t get enough of the collarless shirt and jacket combo.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Houston vs Cincy tomorrow is gonna be an ugly grudge match.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I’m way late to post this, but go motherfucking Cyclones!

In much more exciting and terrifying news, my son was born at 3 am today, but he’s 7 weeks early so I get to spend the next several weeks visiting the NICU. Everyone is healthy though so that’s good. Cyclones gave me a good topper to a crazy day already.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Bird in a Blender posted:

In much more exciting and terrifying news, my son was born at 3 am today, but he’s 7 weeks early so I get to spend the next several weeks visiting the NICU. Everyone is healthy though so that’s good. Cyclones gave me a good topper to a crazy day already.

grats! hope the kid comes out alright!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Congrats! Good luck with everything

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

look at this dude here, probably named his kid lindell and everything

(Super-congrats, man. :unsmith:)

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I've watched 2-3 Washington games this season and they haven't looked good in any of them. Is the Pac-12 that bad that they were the #1 seed? Or have they had someone key knocked by injury late in the season?

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I've watched 2-3 Washington games this season and they haven't looked good in any of them. Is the Pac-12 that bad that they were the #1 seed? Or have they had someone key knocked by injury late in the season?
The Pac-12 is absolutely that bad. The conference is total loving garbage.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Congrats on the baby, be nice to the NICU nurses

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
looking forward to march madness where a bunch of old white baby boomers get paid millions while the predominately black athletes get paid exactly $0.00 plus injuries.

lets loving goooooooooooooooooooo

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Chinatown posted:

looking forward to march madness where a bunch of old white baby boomers get paid millions while the predominately black athletes get paid exactly $0.00 plus injuries.

lets loving goooooooooooooooooooo

tHeY'rE pAiD iN sChOlArShIpS

"Uh, shouldn't college be free anyway? What are we going to do about this NCAA business once that happens?"

wElL...

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

RC and Moon Pie posted:

They're so bad Washington's bus caught fire on the 45 minute drive from Auburn to Montgomery after we kicked the poo poo out of them.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
With the ACC network coming on next season today was the last ACC game aired by Raycom and there's now one less place to get big time college basketball on free TV.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

look at this dude here, probably named his kid lindell and everything

(Super-congrats, man. :unsmith:)

I named him The Mayor.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I’ve been trying to get tickets to the SEC final since yesterday and my sister who has a bunch of local hookups with people working at Bridgestone says they’re being really hard to come by because Kentucky fans are being nasty and not selling their tickets to UT fans. Lmao

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I named him The Mayor.

My son, Marcus Fizer Blender

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Cool cool cool
https://twitter.com/theblakelovell/status/1107318008412864512

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Justin Robinson cleared to play as of today :D

Hokies ready to make some noise in the big dance. Let's go!

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I’ve been trying to get tickets to the SEC final since yesterday and my sister who has a bunch of local hookups with people working at Bridgestone says they’re being really hard to come by because Kentucky fans are being nasty and not selling their tickets to UT fans. Lmao

An important lesson for Kentucky fans that giving someone exactly what they want might just be the best revenge

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
What Kentucky fans have learned, from the years and years of experience we have winning SEC tournament titles, is that you wear the other team's colors when buying tickets on the street. This avoids the price gouging opposing fans usually give Kentucky fans who are trying to get in the later games.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lsu vs yale 👀👀👀

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

pitino vs louisville

hmmm

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

lol MSU might have to play 2 straight teams that are closer to their playing site than they are, and then Duke is their 1 seed

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Gardner-Webb over UVa then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmfao ou made it