Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I need to figure out a dish to bring to Thanksgiving this year. Last year was a fairly simple mashed potatoes dish with half of a pepper grinder's worth of pepper dropped in after the lid fell off.

Already taken:
Turkey
Mashed potatoes
Gravy
Chicken and dumplings
Pumpkin pies
Cousin is making corn and rolls

Obviously this is all basic poo poo. We're in the Midwest and half the family is old and set in their ways. I'm no wizard in the kitchen but I can follow recipes and make something decent.

Any suggestions for side dishes that don't require 12 hours of prep and expensive ingredients? They don't have to be complicated but if it's something basic with a twist or extra flavor profile, that's great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

These are all great ideas and I'll certainly have some thinking to do!

Keep em comin', not like this thread has a lot of traffic :v: