Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYOjWnS4cMY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkZ5e94QnWk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

fishing with the fam posted:

So is the NPC av the new corn av?

NPC is a dehumanizing alt right meme. So I'd be suspect of whoever is buying them tbh

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

AlBlaybleCharacter posted:

I didn't buy this one but I am gonna run with it so I bought the name.

But I would prefer one in which it was at least wearing a flannel shirt and the title was something like TOOL MAN BAD

Hey I know you didn't buy it and I wasn't trying to imply you did, my apologies!!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

friendly 2 da void posted:

A black lady from Texas named "Eddie" is about to bring the warm light of :eng101: SCIENCE :eng101: back to America

This lady, Eddie Bernice Johnson

Is going to do all this cool poo poo:

I am always here for black women in STEM!!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

It's so weird to see someone you (kinda) know on the national stage lmao. Proud she is my Congresswoman! Looking forward to seeing her at the Christmas party next month 😂😂

What happened here I missed it

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

haveblue posted:

Watch the tweet quoted two posts up.

Thanks I missed it!

And woooooooow.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

Tammy Duckworth is not a great choice by any means. Realistically the only scenario I can imagine is Gillibrand paired off with someone like O'Rourke/Gillum, and even then only has a chance if she leans ALL the way to the left and not wuss out. Kamala Harris is a loving cop. Bernie/Maxine are just too old at this juncture.

Just not the time for black folks and other poc I see. I guess we should just wait our turns.

Whatever happens I'm not voting for a cis straight white man again. I'm not. I'm done. I refuse. I REFUSE!!!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Beto was so good for Texas, nationwide it was sad to see him lose, but he helped out a LOT on the State level.

Yeah changing the legislature is a really big deal!

This is one of those wins we should be applauding.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Rent-A-Cop posted:

p sure Gillum is black

Harris is a cop and ACAB

Gillum is black and in the VP slot. Doesn't count dude come the gently caress on.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

so what you're saying is i should convince beto he's bisexual

that was already on the agenda anyway, tbf

That's the spirit!!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I read this as tina turner and was thinking, you know, controversial but ok

This is my favorite Tina Turner gif

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1060046869936500736

This would be Blum of Blumhouse who produced Get Out fwiw

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1060256619383193601?s=19

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1060284522518994944?s=19

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

LK was nervously handwringing and groveling to suck zone within two days of being modded, it's tragicomic

LMAO what is this bullshit

Merging threads was great and if you don't see why.... I'm not giving up the ghost 😂😂😂

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

if only someone could get these gosh-darned trolls to take it to D&D...

Lol ikr

Like God forbid y'all have to report someone. And a derail about how derails suck is probably the dumbest most ironic thing I can think of 😂😂

They got rid of Sessions and Rod but I'll go after the mod because I'm too dumb to realize I'm the target of the Honeypot

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

cr0y posted:

I really hope Mueller and Rod have something creative up their sleeve. They have had to see this coming for miles.

Rod's gone

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1060284522518994944?s=19

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

eke out posted:

he is no longer supervising the special counsel, not gone

Oh god semantics yeah

Y'all are in rare form today is2g

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

it matters for other things Rosenstein does, none of which I particularly care about nor can remember offhand

Yeah that sounds about right

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

eke out posted:

it's really not semantics to distinguish between firing and reassignment, especially given the likelihood that DOJ ethics regs require a recusal

In relation to what I was replying to it is. I was replying to a comment that mentioned him overseeing Mueller which is no longer doing aka gone

Y'all just angry and trying to start poo poo for no reason because much like goons can't scroll past derails without crying into their teddies you can't take context either

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

eke out posted:

??

i've literally only posted about dumb law poo poo for the last two hours, you must be thinking of someone else

Ok let me make it clear, in the spirit of the post I was replying to, he is gone from that role.

And I was talking broadly of goons not you specifically. Which could also be taken from context from my previous posts!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Why is the news getting lost between poo poo posts??? I scream as the news is lost between my shitposting contributing nothing.

Seriously all the people arguing about how there's no meaningful dialogue are the ones keeping any meaningful dialogue from happening lmao

Be the change you want to see!

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

evilweasel posted:

doctor, heal thyself :v:

I love shitposting. You'll pry my phone away from my cold dead hands

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Squalid posted:

This is really an unpleasant habit I don’t think anyone should indulge in. If you have a problem with what someone had said, you should quote them and be specific. Make these unprovable and broad statements about ill defined groups comes off as variably defensive, condescending, or straw-many.

If you can just point to exactly the person you mean you side step this issue completely.

Are you being loving obtuse because I absolutely quoted the posting was replying to when I posted that tweet.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Maybe they're there to bring Sessions home.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i don't know who Lady Seven is but i nominate her for president based on her attire

5 is giving me Olivia Pope vibes and I LOVE IT.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Cythereal posted:

I think I saw something about the first Muslim, who's a woman to boot, being elected to congress? I'm guessing that's her.

I think you're thinking of Rashida Tlaib, who represents my district! MI-13.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

enraged_camel posted:

colbert is dead to me

:colbert:

I am catching up, what did Colbert do??

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Check his Twitter @Stephenathome, the exact reason is probatable temporarily

Gotcha. Sorry didnt realize it was related to the yt supremacist.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

It's good but it's not as good as TB's.

This will always be my favorite tho

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Your Taint posted:

If it's true that the Mueller team is beginning to write the final report, then are all the indictments etc done?

We don't know and won't know until it happens.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Kids are more progressive now, even the regressive ones.

Counterpoint: with the exception of the Vegas shooter, iirc our most recent domestic terrorists have been millennials.

I think it's a big (and dangerous) mistake to lean too much on the "young people are more progressive" trope. Especially when it seems to be more like "they support progress for white people"

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

honestly i agree with snoop dogg here

Same

The Glumslinger posted:

So, is someone gonna tell me how rich you can be before you are an automatically untrustworthy? Is it 5 mil? 10 mil?

Won't someone think if the most privileged in our society!? It's time they caught a fair break!!

Let's be real no one makes hundreds of millions of dollars without exploitation.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

being rich is immoral.

Unironically this.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

Arguing about Pelosi and Schumer being bad over and over again isn't helping anyone, just kinda seems like something the mods made up because they don't want to monitor two threads. That may not be the case, but it's certainly coming off that way when everyone appears to like the old way better.

It's not "everyone likes the old way better" plenty of people are fine with it, we've expressed this and it's shown by people continuing to post as usual but shockingly the people who hate it are angry, loud and obnoxious much like the republican party so this "silent majority" thing ain't gonna fly

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Minds have been up.

What's done is done.

It's not changing.

Accept it and move on.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

People speaking their minds that they liked the Trump thread isn't being loud and obnoxious in my opinion, they're just speaking their minds. It's not like they're having meltdowns, just voicing their displeasure.

There have been meltdowns. Idk how closely you've been following this thread but holy poo poo people have been all those things.

Take a peek at the lepers colony

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Your Taint posted:

Actually I think the "nobody cares what you think, gently caress you" attitude is more like the Republican party, but maybe that's just me.

This poo poo has been discussed to death, there is even a qqcs thread. At some point it has to stop because it's derailing the thread.

Like if you seriously can't understand that there comes a point that the discussion has to move on or go elsewhere I don't know what to tell you

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

I will say this - I've paid a total of like 20-30 dollars to use this site over the last 15 years so I'm not some "paying customer who will take my money elsewhere!" I've gotten an extraordinary value from the SA forums and in general across the board the moderation has made this site what it is. So, if the mods want it that way so be it. I don't think it's such a crime to let it be known that a lot of us liked the old way better, but that's probably getting excessive at this point as well.

This is a good attitude.

I think it would be nice if y'all could trust the mods enough to give it a fair chance and more than a couple days.

If you're really that pressed go to qqcs and state your opinions instead of derailing the thread you don't want derailed.

I think that's pretty reasonable.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I apologise, I didn't realize the qqcs thread was closed.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Lol ah yes fostering conversations with the chuds will truly be the dawn of a new age of enlightenment for us all.

If you see a chud report them tbh

Very progressive stance there.

Give it a chance :420:

Honestly PPJ's answer is a+

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Nov 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

I can't believe Rick Scott thinks he can just stop them from counting votes

Oh ok nevermind then I guess we shouldn't let them finish counting votes

Context!! What is it??

Come on, this is disingenuous as hell and you're better than that.

I didn't know the other thread was closed. PPJ said to pm the mods with your concerns.

At some point it's not just people stating their opinions and it's derailing the thread, making it bad (a self fulfilling prophecy) and becomes bullying the mods to get what people want. It's been what? 3 days??

Like ok, I'm sorry you don't like the threads but again, give it a drat chance and try to cut people some slack.