Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hello thread. You might not know me, I'm Al Borland Corp, a limited liability poster. I am from the now defunct Trump thread. I look forward to sharing with you my thoughts, opinions, and insights!

I had a fun time voting in Alabama last night. Every candidate I voted for lost, and every ballot initiative I voted for went the opposite way! Oh man what a silly state.

The Al is short for Alabama, not everyone knows that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh Snapple! posted:

Hello friend, our state is terrible. The only wins I got on my ballot were local ones, which is expected since I live in the black belt.

I live in a college town with Democratic tendencies but all the district lines have been drawn to ensure every non-black belt municipality on the 85 corridor is a part of it to keep it all red.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tibalt posted:

The economy going bad is almost certainly a bad thing for Trump.

America very consistently blames the president for a recession.

Well it's not like we have crops rotting in the field and plants unable to fulfill orders due to tariffs.

Wait, we DO have that?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So for the first time I had somebody call me an NPC online. What's a good method, for if this happens in person, to not beat the poo poo out of such a person? Because I'm afraid I might do that and I'd rather not do that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hmm, all these black women overperformed in their elections, you know who should run? The white guy who lost

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Koalas Massacre posted:

NPC is a dehumanizing alt right meme. So I'd be suspect of whoever is buying them tbh

I didn't buy this one but I am gonna run with it so I bought the name.

But I would prefer one in which it was at least wearing a flannel shirt and the title was something like TOOL MAN BAD

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 7, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

eke out posted:

i feel like you may have stretched the joke to the point of your name being unrecognizable

Hmm...

Yes I suspect you are correct

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

eke out posted:

haha i mean, you do you, it did take me a solid 5 seconds to figure out which poster this was when i saw the name

If I make appropriate adjustments to the av it will be recognizable. I'm already sunk cost on the name

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I really think you should switch back. Have you seen Clerks 2? You're trying to "reclaim" "NPC." It won't work, and if a bunch of folks get vaguely-interchangeable NPC avatars and keep them, it'll end up furthering right-wing messaging.

Yeah I'm trying to be a good sport but you're right. I'll go with what I was originally going to do this month

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Riatsala posted:

I was promised Mueller indictments and White House firings, when is that scheduled?

White House firings: whenever he remembers to do it

Mueller indictments: I dunno I guess after runoffs?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ratbert90 posted:

So, can we repeal the goddamned Permanent Apportionment Act of 1929 and fix the house of representatives to better reflect the actual population of each state?

No? That would mean that Republicans would never EVER have the house again? Oh, ok then. :smith:

It's a good idea. In college I knew a lot of libertarian and right wingers who wanted its repeal, due to their feeling of "losing representation" each census.

The primary argument was "But then you'd have thousands of congress men, where would they meet?" And the answer was usually " Who gives a gently caress about the logistics of it"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mcmagic posted:

Trumpism is stronger today than it was yesterday. And his chances of winning in 2020 are probably better too.

40% of black men in Florida were just enfranchised, and Michigan and Wisconsin flipped blue

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Koalas Massacre posted:

Hey I know you didn't buy it and I wasn't trying to imply you did, my apologies!!

Oh I knew you weren't saying that, no worries.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

corn in the bible posted:

Trump will just legislate through executive orders like Obama used to and the Senate is who confirms all judges. Supreme Justice Ivanka here we come

Don't worry I've heard she's a stealth liberal

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Aidan_702 posted:

IT IS A HOT WHITE HOUSE

also; loving lol

https://twitter.com/RyanCostello/status/1060222202212171776

womp womp, former spineless congressman

edf
https://twitter.com/BorlandCorp/status/1060229575475650561?s=19

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Travic posted:

Anyone have some good articles about voter suppression of African Americans? I want to beat someone over the head with them.

CNN is ok, but avoid it if possible. If CNN said the world was round he wouldn't believe it.

So find a CNN article that says voter suppression isn't a big deal

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How about a Sotomayor/Harris ticket

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mahoning posted:

He has been called "white Obama" by quite a few people and I literally think a huge part of it is that he actually reminds people of Barack Obama in the way he looks and speaks.

They both kind of look like gangly kids I guess

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Someone punch Bernie in the stomach so hard he spits out an egg that hatches called "Bernie" and it runs in the Democratic primary in 2020 under the guise of "BerJunior"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This is a thing, thanks to Beto

https://twitter.com/yesica/status/1060218537321660417?s=19

This could have real long term positive consequences. For those that don't know, the Texas board of education, being one of the biggest customers of textbooks, wields incredible power over what leaving materials students all across the country end up with. And whether they learn things like, the real reason the South seceded was actually slavery instead of "states rights"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So now that Alabama passed the amendment for TEN COMMANDMENTS EVERYWHERE AT ALL TIMES how do I contact the satanic Temple so they can get some Baphomets up next to those suckers?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You want just treatment of youth offenders huh? WELL HOW ABOUT I MAKE YOU SMOKE A WHOLE PACK

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jesus Christ people like one post after the resignation was announced they announced the replacement already

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Don't worry if they arrest Hillary Clinton, she has 8 new robot masters set up on a timer to activate and break her out of prison.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Demon Of The Fall posted:

There's no way they fire Mueller. Come on people. It's way too late for that.

Even Trump wouldn't be so brazen as to do thing!

*Trump does thing*

Well, regardless,

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Reduce my budget to effectively end my investigation?

What do you think I am, you fool?

I finished my investigation 15 days ago

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sky Shadowing posted:

More likely they're hoping to burn all the work Mueller did so the Dems have to start all over again and it takes until the next election to determine anything.

Or they're going to refuse House subpoenas on grounds of executive privilege and hope the Supreme Court agrees with them. Which is unfortunately likely now.

Then you subpoena the conservative majority and they can't rule on something that effects themselves

:thunk:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He should have used Dairy Queen, I hear they're good for u know what

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If I'm Mueller, which I'm not, all of my files are in an encrypted archive in WaPo's Dropbox and I call them with the password at the first sign of fuckery

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Do what Charlie Brown should have done the whole time. Pretend you believe Lucy is gonna let you kick the football, then back up, run, and kick her straight in the face.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I thought this gamer dude was new AG, just acting AG?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I sacrifice two Democratic presidential candidates in order to summon "Kind Eyes White Beto!"

(or would that be White Eyes Kind Beto)

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 7, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He won by 100,000 votes and removed 750,000 voter registrations over the last year

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

eke out posted:

the question is can we get an oral tradition together fast enough to preserve our epic poems?

I know all the episodes of Star Trek, Power Rangers, and the plots and lore of all the Nintendo games

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hellblazer187 posted:

I don't know why y'all are complaining about conservatives thinking they can and should try to rush active shooters.

Cause what if it works, there will be so much egg on our face

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

friendbot2000 posted:

Lol yes, because leftists regularly shoot up bars, concerts, yoga studios, and nightclubs because M4A is not passing

Well it's a country bar, therefore Republican bar, therefore leftists must have done it

:eng101:

Pretend that's the emote with the dumb professor case I couldn't find it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

friendbot2000 posted:

I don't think this is true. Doug Jones won through the votes of black men and women. We can do that again. Texas showed us that EVERY state can be competitive. Democrats just need a candidate with charisma that will bring people to the polls. I know that things look bleak because...Alabama, but every state can be won if you run an actual person and not an empty suit.

Doug Jones does have kind of an electricity and charisma, if you live here at least, just from being a giant slayer, and the guy who prosecuted the Birmingham bombings. His support for CHIP really helped get him through and I think if he is vocal about a couple of red meat working class issues like fight for fifteen and guaranteed family leave he has a shot.

And he held firm on important votes like Kavanaugh even when he had political cover.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 8, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Blitz7x posted:

Assuming the final report is damning

With faint praise

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kimsemus posted:

Not for POTUS. Good loving luck. There is ZERO evidence we've seen on obstruction so far. Or collusion at least with POTUS. You can't be vicariously guilty of a crime.

Open your eyes, Link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kimsemus posted:

Yeah I'm dumb for thinking Trump will never be impeached. :laffo:

No one really disagrees with that. You sound more like you don't think he actually is guilty or could be "impeached" in the court of public opinion.