Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Is there a way of making it so this thread only contains relevant news posts and not like, pages upon pages of digressions about sandwich preferences and pineapple on pizza? I am not a D&D poster, but I enjoy the way you guys all us this thread to post relevant news.. just sometimes it’s 800 posts of nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Party Plane Jones posted:

I'll still be doing tweet dumps which are a) unignorable because I'm a mod and people got really really irate about not being able to just skip over them which I find hilarious and b) I have time to do them not as canvassing/phonebanking is over and Patel lost by 20+ points.

edit: I'm adding the bookmarklet from the previous thread that only shows pictures/youtubes/tweets in posts.

I actually put you on my ignore list because of those tweet dumps. You’re the only person on my ignore list.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Pence would very much actually make America the Handmaids Tale. Without even blinking.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Jim Acosta is the Tami Lahren of the liberal side and he purposefully seeks out these confrontations so he can whine about them in the spotlight later that evening on CNN. I totally disagree with the WH blocking a reporter’s access, but Acosta is an anansi boy.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1060960329876697088?s=21

Lol ok

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

I really liked this thread as an idea to start, but anyone that reads this and thinks it is anything but loving stupid is broken.

I don't want to isolate Dems bad chat to it's own thread, but there has to be something closer to a middle ground.

At the moment this thread is useless to follow current events because there is no discussion of the events. It's drowned out by the same 5 arguments that play on repeat.

It doesn't mean all of those arguments are wrong, but they add nothing to the discussion.

Please consider some additional posting rules to prevent some of the repeat arguments.

I am a bit of a lurker, but I agree. I used the old Trump thread for current events. On a slow weekend day there’d be 80 posts. On a day when Jeff Sessions recuses himself or Manafort goes to jail there’d be 800. It was an easy barometer of wtf is happening but also most of it was discussion surrounding the posted tweets.

This thread, trying to amalgamate all of current events, USPOL, and Trump vs Dems is just awful. 300 posts an hour and all of it is the same ten people perseverating on some hot take. Especially the night crew. Good god you guys can rack up nearly 500 posts about literally nothing. Don’t you all like.. have jobs and/or a bed to sleep in?

The best CE thread is still and always will be in GIP, but there’s definitely a way to do this better in here. A thread for people to post tweets and news about Trump and his cabinet that is underscored with an understanding not to shitpost. A thread for dems talk with the same. This sub forum is capable of doing so it just needs to simmer down and step up.

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 11, 2018

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

https://twitter.com/dprk_news/status/1063090237973266433?s=21

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

https://twitter.com/unusualvideos/status/1064391567870324736?s=21

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

https://twitter.com/skynews/status/1065373735178461184?s=21

Apparently global warming has caused the base of the tower to expand and lessen its lean.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Star Man posted:

So is Melania Trump a goth or what?

No just Slovenian.

Honestly, the rest of the WH decorations are quite traditional and beautiful.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

We are so close to complete realization of the Trump Season Ending:

https://youtu.be/d7Uy0Uznw4E

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

RZA Encryption posted:

This is my favorite so far

It’s Seth Rich all over again.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Crabtree posted:

What will you do if he died today? He's kind of like Abe Vigoda or Stan lee in that you don't think it'll happen till it does.

This is how I felt when Shel Silverstein died.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

“Fox News’ audience is best visualized as a vicious, lazy, profoundly ignorant, perpetually hungry organism craving the warm god-flesh of the anointed. Personally I like to imagine something the size of a baby hippo, the color of a week-old boiled potato, that lives by itself, in the dark, in a double-wide on the outskirts of Topeka. It's covered with eyes and it sweats constantly. The sweat runs into those eyes and makes them sting. It has no mouth, no genitals, and can only express its mute extremes of murderous rage and infantile desire by changing the channels on a universal remote. Or by voting in presidential elections.”

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

https://twitter.com/lourubyphillips/status/1071138400080674816?s=21

Lol goldmine

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Popete posted:

Exactly

It just seems like such an easy win for him. He builds a small section of 20 foot impressive looking concrete/metal/death trap looking wall. Goes to a ribbon cutting ceremony, maybe shoots some tear gas into Mexico and then never brings it up again except to declare the border secure. It's an easy cop-out for what was always an insane and unrealistic campaign promise.

And then 9 months later CNN airs their Sunday evening special “Trump’s wall: where is it now?” And anyone with a tv that lands on it immediately changes the channel.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

https://twitter.com/dprk_news/status/1075557725113933824?s=21

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1076575190899929088?s=21

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Yes?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I swear the last three days of this thread has been 200 posts an hour of ya’ll posting some profoundly stupid tweets and self-immolating over them. Also I’m beginning to suspect that the frequent posters in this thread with a crush on Jacob Wohl may have inadvertently begun to shift their focus to AOC? Not sure if a healthy move. Maybe this entire thread has been Atlas Shrugged from within??

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Seth abrams in the senate would be one thing. Not nearly as hard of a voting choice as when Jim Acosta ran for local governor. I dunno though. I feel like these “TV personalities” holding higher offices of the land has seen its time.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Maybe if we want the republicans to stop fixating on every word AOC says we should start by not fixating on every word Trump says??

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Rage, rage against the dying of the whites.

Without a doubt, one of the best comments re Trump tweets in this thread.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

When you done but the government still suckin.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Post without timg tags so capitalism’s crashes the forums, please.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

Buzzfeed deserves scorn but we should probably do a little self reflection about buying into it whole sale despite no corroboration and "Suck it mainstream media and your antiquated rules!"

Let’s not forget how quickly this thread exploded while buying into the Koi Pond story. This thread is always “react first, think second.”

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Just mad there’s not wall-to-wall wall coverage.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

https://twitter.com/dprk_news/status/1086737445406818304?s=21

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Wait, was he anticipating we were going to go to war with NK?? I was half expecting him to confirm the nuke alert false alarm in Hawaii was a real nuke they shot down and covered up.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

M & M’s for Crooked Dems.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

skylined! posted:

The GOP members on the intel committee we just sitting on those transcripts of stone that clearly implicated him in crimes.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1088776096634597376?s=21

Yeah, what I don’t get and will never understand is why the GOP has been totally OK with sitting on and covering for these crimes. I mean surely at some point before this most of them were just and upright men, but they’ve really gone downhill since Trump was elected.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Petr posted:

Are there any good books by former conservatives who had a come-to-jesus moment? The only thing I can really find is that one by Max Boot and... yeah, I'm skeptical.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Trump has been jealous of how incredible a president George W. Bush was for years. This move to start a military action in Venezuela is just him trying to one-up Bush’s failed coup in Venezuela in 2002. Moving forward might be detrimental for both their reputations. Has H. W. Bush said anything about this??

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Of course, she folded like a kicked tent

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Ie “it took us ages to finally arrive at spin wording that makes this article sound ‘right’ while still being factually incorrect.”

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Don’t we have a Supreme Court precedent now that things done in high school - college don’t matter once you’re in some form of office? I thought.... I thought there was something a few months ago that happened that did.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

I’m lost because of CNN. Is Northam a Democrat or republican? Isn’t losing a Democrat bad?

Also re Cory Booker: I don’t think you can get any sizeable number of votes from America during a presidential election unless you portray yourself as Christian and God-fearing. We wouldn’t even elect a Mormon who was better than all the other candidates, and we won’t elect a catholic or Muslim either. It’s a hosed up but sad truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Watch this entire thread reverse course and fully support Northam now that we have multiple sources saying that photo is not him.