Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Are there any potential Democratic candidates who don’t qualify for Medicare? Bernie and Warren are both on the wrong side of 65.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Mind_Taker posted:

Which states that are currently gerrymandered to a laughable degree in the R direction are likely to be redrawn to a fair (or D-favorable) map in 2020 due to pickups in governorships/state houses last night?

Michigan for sure. Thanks prop 2.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Buffer posted:

I don't see why you couldn't amend away the senate. You just maybe need to strike the language that says you can't first. Or at least, not being able to do that would basically invalidate the current constitution which wasn't adopted according to the rules of the old one.

There's also the core argument that government legitimacy is derived from popular support. That's a kind of laughable argument to make in 2018 though.

That said, even *if* you got popular support for that, it's an academic question because you run into the same problems with the amendment process you do with anything else... soo... don't think there are very many legal venues to unfuck the senate and courts.

Probably better off pushing for an increased size in the house. That can be done by statute, likely has cross-party appeal, and it'd unfuck the electoral college at least.

This is a hilarious pipe dream but I support it. gently caress the Senate.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

I’m convinced Ted Cruz would’ve lost if candidates were required to put their birth names on the ballot. I feel like rural Texans would never vote for anyone named Rafael Cruz.

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

Are those numbers completely made up or just wholly misrepresented?