Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Grape posted:

I guess the normie HDI did a thing to, I've seen them do it for other countries. I'd still hesitate to compare the data without knowing how things were measured.
The idea that Mississippi is on the level of Cyprus is extremely questionable imo (unless the Cyprus data is counting the north part of the island too).

It does count all of Cyprus as one state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/1101168979207487489

Aaaaaaah, you god drat moron, just run for senate instead of a doomed presidential campaign

Why bother losing another Senate run when you could be vp instead? Most of the people running for president don't think they are going to win, they want to raise their profile for a cabinet position.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

funkymonks posted:

Just out of curiosity has anyone done the math to what the 2016 Electoral Map would look like if we had twice as many (or whatever) members of the House / electoral votes, apportioned appropriately? I did a cursory search but only found a 538 post on what the Electoral Map looks like with some additional states.

I did the math quick, with 974 EV's Trump would have 550 and Hillary would have 424. This assumes no fuckery with Maine and Nebraska, DC goes from 3 to 4 EV's and no faithless electors.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

Ballz posted:

Awesome, thanks for the explainer. Still amazes me to see how much change the Dems are accomplishing in Richmond.

Its almost as if Democrats get a bunch of stuff done when they have power.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006