Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Haha, how did I miss this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iceoLxX6exA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The Supreme Court rules that the Constitution mandates winner-by-plurality. Also, Hillary is now president.

quote:

Poliquin's lawsuit also asserts that ranked-choice voting violates the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment because voters who pick just one candidate in a race have less say in the outcome than those who rank multiple candidates.

The Supreme Court rules that all elections are illegitimate, since a person can choose to skip a race the same way that can choose not to rank choices, having less say in the races they skip.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 13, 2018

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Certainly Moore is gonna run again. Would he win another primary?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Nelson didn't have a Spanish website in frickin' Florida?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I still sometimes grab the album link first. Imgur's not terribly intuitive, I think.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Pre-existence conditions, you will be covered regardless of how the sick the primordial ooze you evolved from was.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It's gonna be great when a re-vote turns NC9 blue and makes the Republicans go under 200.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

TropicalCoke posted:

County govt is the last bastion of sanity in the united states IMO.

That's a change.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

mcmagic posted:

Nice Democracy ya got there Arizona. Didn't want to vote for McSally for Senate in November? Tough poo poo, you get her anyway.

From an FPTP perspective, okay, but if I look at it from a quasi-proportional representation perspective, I can't have a problem with this.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

To be fair, they're talking about a rump Federal District around just the federal buildings. Though in that case, a 23rd Amendment repeal should be a unanimous no-brainer.

I still don't know how the Constitution prevents it, considering lots of states were created out of federal land.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Doing a quick check it sounds like any law that makes most of DC its own state or part of Maryland, but excises a small region around the white house and capitol to remain a federal district, would give that tiny district three electors in presidential elections as per the 23rd amendment. Cleaning up that situation would require a constitutional amendment I assume

Yes, you'd need to repeal the 23rd. In the meantime, the president and Congress can just pick symbolic electors, since the Constitution doesn't mandate that you have to have a popular vote for them.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 9, 2019

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The 27th didn't have a stated deadline as part of it at all, as far as I know.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

God that is so infuriating to hear about fairfax. What's the line of succession where Lee Carter gets to be governor, since apparently everyone in the top spots is a loving chode

Well, Northam can appoint him LG and then resign. That most definitely won't happen, but you can dream.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Shouldn't you throw out all legislation under that logic, not just the two amendments?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

One of the most powerful people in the Washington, elected by a tiny number of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

He just left.