Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Well, the CT governor race was a lot closer than expected, but Ned LaMont won in the end. Just as importantly, the Democrats took back control of the State Senate(it had been in an 18-18 tie) and expanded their majority in the State House.
https://www.courant.com/politics/elections/hc-election-connecticut-general-assembly-20181101-story.html
I won't quote the article here, because it's local CT news and most people won't care about the details(I hardly care, except for the fact that I'm *still* represented by a Republican in the State House :sigh:)

In any case, the State Democratic Party has the power to do whatever it wants to. Hopefully that will mean good things.

This was all accomplished despite Governor Malloy being one of the least popular governors in the nation. Dems began the night with an 80-71 standing in the state House, and an 18-18 tie in the state senate, and it is now 92-59 and 22-12(two not decided yet) respectively. Also we elected our first black woman to congress.

Anyways, where is my legal weed, Ned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Grape posted:

For my part I continue to be represented by a loony hippie granny. And am happy to be so.

This can only mean Rosa, right?? Also I like how Murphy walks across the state and pops up on buses at times to talk with people