Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

friendbot2000 posted:

Man, that would be cool as hell if Charles Booker wins. Unfortunately, it seems like people keep giving money to loving Amy Mcgrath which boggles my loving mind.

People outside Kentucky still think of that loving fighter pilot ad and donate to her without really realizing all the stupid stuff she's said and done since. Her donations and visibility is all heavily fueled by out-of-state stuff and especially a particular kind of Hollywood twitter account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Star Man posted:

No. I need my stupid postal job. I would have to erase at least ninety percent of the state's population from existence to stand a chance as a left-wing candidate.

Thats only like nine people though.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/Booker4KY/status/1269102605764042754?s=19

Goojg to guess Broiher's dropping out and endorsing him since the Progressive vote's consolidating behind Booker pretty clearly

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

The booker campaign was seeking an injuction until 9PM because of traffic.

The county clerk wanted a strict interpretation of in line by 6.

Judge took a middle ground and said 6:30 and that anyone in the parking lot was considered in line.

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jun 23, 2020

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Kentucky is scheduled to have its results released on the 30th. Highest turnout in state primary history beating 2008 by around 200k.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Paracaidas posted:

My understanding is no, but that applications for absentee ballots WERE mailed to everyone? Full disclosure, not a New Yorker.

Also not clear to me that lowering the barriers to voting hurts the incumbent in situations like these. We'll see.

Or....
:f5: ALL NIGHT

:smith:

Like 600,000 mail-in ballots were posted at the last minute, today and yesterday so if the post office fucks around they could push the date back even more!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

Mailed by the state or the voters?

Voters. Voters who had requested mail-in ballots but didn't receive them in time were told to vote either yesterday or today.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Grouchio posted:

Welp so much for Kentucky.

I really really hope Booker runs for mayor in '22. Louisville's never had a mayor who wasn't a lame centrist

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

Dammit! Is Booker gonna fall just shy? There's still votes to be counted, right?

Yeah. He didn't have the margin he needed in Fayette county, theres no reason to think the rural counties which haven't reported votes will be different than the rural counties which have, and it turned out fears of Broiher and Booker splitting the left vote were right with Broiher getting just enough votes to deprive Booker of a victory.

To be a lame-o optimist this is a good loss for Booker. Neither him nor McGrath were going to beat Mitch realistically and hes gone from a no-name state legislator to having universal statewide name recognition and connections to a national fundraising network. Its a fairly good place for a young charismatic politician to be. Not as good as the senate but you know.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

friendbot2000 posted:

We are going to see Booker again. Trust me. He aint going anywhere. This is a good loss for him like you said and he is quite popular in KY. Now more people know his name.

Yeah. Hes only 35 and you don't surge 40 points in one month without good political skills. The choice for him now is whether to run for mayor, or Senate again against Rand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

It does actually own that we seem to be in an era of perma-high-turnout elections even in off-year and specials. Shame about everything else for our democracy but that’s great.