Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
over here in california it looks like we expanded a bit on the state assembly supermajority and picked up 2 in the state senate to reclaim a supermajority there after republican recall fuckery (:rip: josh newman)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

i hope you all make cuomo so angry he strokes out

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Badger of Basra posted:

Katie Porter, who is a Bernie person but also pro-prop 6 (???) has taken the lead in CA-45.

https://twitter.com/CATargetBot/status/1062510738227388416

there's a population of voters who lean left but haven't connected the gas tax to what's repairing the roads they drive to work every day

though you'd hope that a UCI law professor who's a protege of liz warren and is probably gonna be congresswoman-elect would know better, but we'll see in january

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/TomJawetz/status/1062685253024792576

:byewhore:

https://twitter.com/williamjordann/status/1062510142124638208

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 14, 2018

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/jessieopie/status/1063179590640828417

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

I like how he's basically saying more voter suppression would have helped him win

wisconsin purged what, hundreds of thousands of inactive voters after 2016, and it still wasn't enough to save walker from finally getting turfed. it owns

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

it was p :lol: that he lost after two recounts by a rat's rear end-hair margin in 2004's gubernatorial race, and then ran again just to get stomped soundly in 2008

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

it all depends on how the last kern county ballot dump goes

this seat flipping really would be icing on the cake, since i always thought CA-21 would be valadao's for as long as he wanted it; he's way more popular than he has any right to be in a district that both obama and hillary won by over 10 points

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Alex Villanueva...why does that name sound familiar? Is he good?

he ran on expelling immigration agents from county jails and beat the incumbent, jim mcdonnell, who :qq:-ed about sanctuary city/state policies, so there's at least some good that came out of this race

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

im glad state senator-elect boysko is much more electorally and politically successful than brian boyko of goon lore past

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

I'm glad I saved this onto my computer before whoever made it deleted it

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

axeil posted:

https://twitter.com/PoliticsWolf/status/1088144677092511744?s=19

This is a winnable map. Let's finish the job and turn VA blue!

im guessing quite a few of those R-held and trump-won seats still look like potential pickups after 2017/2018, when gillespie and stewart got stomped in that order? iirc gillespie losing chesterfield and virginia beach were pretty big reasons why david brat and scott taylor looked vulnerable in 2018 (and of course stewart being toxic in those areas helped sink both of them in november)

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Still though poor Kathy Tran's got it rough from these fucks but she got elected to her house seat with like 61% of the vote in 2017 so I can't see them actually ousting her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Also uh are VA republicans hoping that this and the anti-abortion bullshit will depress Dem turnout or some poo poo