Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

SpitztheGreat posted:

A shot in the dark, but does anyone know where I can get raw data on the election results from last night? I'd like to do some analysis and visualization on local races in New York State, but I can't seem to find the actual raw data to let me do the manipulation. I contacted the board of elections to ask for the data, but you would think that there would be an easier source.

https://nyenr.elections.ny.gov/

You might be able to find what you're looking for there. Typically the SoS office will give you breakdowns, but the analysis/visualization is really on the compiler of the data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

theflyingorc posted:

loving ROBBERY?

The point of the justice system as it pertains to black people was rarely, if ever, about justice

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

One of the more shameful and unfortunate parts of legal history, I’m glad to see VA is moving forward.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Yeah the concept of cops calling people “civilians” implies they think the streets are a literal warzone. I bet it’s not a stretch for them to think that there might be some amount of “acceptable loss” while they’re doing whatever.

I believe the term “sergeant” in the realm of police was an adoption of the term “sergeant at arms” and not a sergeant in the military but the ranks, the quasi-military structure/livery, it all really does create a feeling of being an occupying military. I guess. I don’t know any cops, but the military haircuts and the.. everything makes me think they’re cosplaying military.