Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

loving Florida I swear

here's to holding out for a miracle but drat both Florida and Texas are absolutely getting hosed by snowbirds and batshit insane people (these might be one and the same tho)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

LK you should seriously consider creating a DSA chapter in your county if it’s too far for you to get to the other one in WI. I can’t imagine it would be that difficult to do so and since you’re in a college town it would be easy to build support l, I feel

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

evilweasel posted:

Yeah that matters, and each of the governor elections kinda matters even if they're all red states for the possibility of a Democrat taking/keeping the seat and being able to veto gerrymanders. But it would not surprise me to find out each of those three states with governor elections has a Republican supermajority that can force a gerrymander through a veto.

Kentucky has a supermajority in both chambers (27 R to 11 D in the Senate; 63 R to 36 D in the General Assembly). Maybe McGrath's narrowing of the vote to a coin flip matters here? It could be possible that a Democratic wave could be coming at the local level, but I obviously don't know since I don't live there

Louisiana has a supermajority in both chambers (60 R/41 D/3 independents in the legislature; 25 R to 14 D in the Senate). I dunno what can be done here, maybe Louisiana goons can fill in the blanks here?

Missisippi has a supermajority in both chambers (33 R to 19 D in the senate; 72 R to 48 D in the legislature). Same thing with Louisiana, as it seems that the Republican majorities are increasing with each election.

How do you peel away/disencourage turnout on the Republican side to at least get rid of a supermajority overriding a Dam veto? I think this is the critical question to ask in deep red states, and the answer changes from state to state too.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

ACAB, that's loving gross