Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
LOL, I'm not voting for anybody who worked for DHS. That said, I'm really pleased at the lack of spooks in this election. Usually I'm getting dozens of mailers from former CIA agents and Army intelligence officers in any given VA election season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I went with Carter since McAuliffe is going to win anyway. I want him out there yelling at people.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Well, at least I only wasted about 10 minutes.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

Like beyond the whisper network stuff about him, Lee just being a lovely boss to those involved in working on his initial campaign makes me glad he left the DSA, but annoys me how much people outside the DSA still think he is in it or that the Rose Caucus is just a formation within DSA (which I suppose is the point). He also just appeals to a bunch of the blackpilled/FTV folks who think posting is actual organizing.
Being "blackpilled" isn't compatible with giving a poo poo about state legislators or the only thing Briahna Joy Gray talks about.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Why is everyone so fascinated with Lee Carter?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
My impression, as a random VA voter, is that the Dems are leaning very heavily on their most ardent (old, white, upper-middle-class) constituents and their campaign is based entirely on making you scared of Youngkin instead of wanting to vote for McAuliffe.

McAuliffe has experience, but the rest of the candidates are nonentities and they are all repeating the most bland boilerplate imaginable with no actual campaign promises. Again, maybe do something besides scare people?

The best thing I can say about this slate of candidates is that I only have to withhold my vote from one of them for being a spook. The best thing that's actually happened in my life, vis a vis VA politics, was finally spam-filtering all the email lists the local Democrats put me on so that candidates in other states could message me with subjeect lines like "Feeling small and scared rn" and beg for money.

Anyway, I don't believe that Terry McAuliffe is entitled to my vote just for running. But I am promising to ensure that every Democratic candidate has access to my vote, which is just as good.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I wish that the Democratic Party was a machine, with a spoils system and everything. Then working-class people might at least get a few jobs out of it.

Who was Harriet Christian, anyway?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I got some of those mailers from Youngkin emphasizing that he had Trump's endorsement, and the McAuliffe mailers emphasizing that Youngkin had Trump's endorsement. It was surreal. McAuliffe ran on nothing but fear of Trump and failed.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Absolutely. Now I wish I'd kept one.

Youngkin's own mailers crowed about his endorsement from Trump, but they also went after McAuliffe for his comments about schools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
The great thing about those mythical moderate Republicans is that they don't have any interests that conflict with those of the donor class.