Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

I really wish we could just gift north Florida to Alabama or something, so that the sane parts of Florida can have a .00000001% chance at not getting completely clobbered by climate change in my lifetime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

OAquinas posted:

Nelson is an inoffensive white guy. Lot easier for racists to pull that handle and either vote in the nazi or leave gov blank. It's poo poo, but welcome to America, especially the South.

If they can choose the order of recounts, I think having Nelson go first would be advantageous since it would be more thorough and might uncover more ballots for Gillum since it's a hand-recount and Gillum is probably not going to beat machine-recount numbers.

...also, his margin is way less than Gillum's to overcome. I'd rather net one more senate seat (and gently caress over Scott) than risk going over for time.

Yeah, if there has to be a choice between the two, I'd rather keep the senate seat, especially since it's much more likely to actually flip back to Nelson in the recount. DeSantis is a neo-nazi dumpster fire but maybe he'll be too busy fantasizing about Trump crowning him biggest boy of the land to do anything TOO destructive as governor.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

I don't know, short term I feel like a progressive Dem Governor would have a much more meaningful and direct impact on the lives of Floridians than an uninspiring white dude getting outvoted during two years.

I get that the long game on retaking the Senate is super important, but Gillum is an inspiring dude who would probably significantly mobilize the African American community and progressives at large in 2020.

I really, really wanted to have Gillum as the governor, but the most realistic scenario seems to be that Nelson might be able to edge Skeletor in a thorough hand recount while Gillum probably wouldn't make up the ground necessary (and seems to still be outside the threshold to force a hand recount himself) to flip the governorship. If we have to choose one, then I'd choose the one that has the best shot of happening.