Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Bredesen got stomped last night in Tennessee. I was hoping my state would make it a little closer, but woof. This place is full on Trump country, and that makes me sad as hell.

Ditto. I like to think well of the people around me, but knowing how many of them are actively cheering racism and random acts of cruelty to powerless people just makes me sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

I went to my local Democratic Party meeting tonight and they had leadership elections. I was with the president of the college Democrats, our professor advisor, and one other member.

It was an absolute shitshow. There was a dumb factional pissing match happening because a group of them didn't want to work with College Democrats or have an office in our college town (the office that was granted to them for free mind you). They spent the last few weeks organizing a leadership coup instead of helping with the midterms.

A bunch of them were also low key super racist to a Hispanic woman who won a leadership position there.

I'm really frustrated. :(

"I am not a member of any organized party — I am a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Lycus posted:

I still sometimes grab the album link first. Imgur's not terribly intuitive, I think.

Imgur-uploader is a great FF extension. I assume there's versions for other browsers.

Right-click to upload an image to Imgur, link is automatically copied to the clipboard.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Lambert posted:

He's 87 years old. Why can't these idiots just retire.

Because there's still money to be fleeced from gullible fools.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Nth Doctor posted:

Louisiana just reelected John Bel Edwards.

The question now seems to be how long the Republicans will be able to stand all this winning.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

Replacing mitch McConnell with Mitch McConnell but female doesn't really seem like a winning move, imo

Tossing Mitch McConnell out in favor of anybody else is a net win. His replacement would not be the Majority Leader and would be at the bottom of the seniority list.

Plus, the symbolism of throwing him out on his rear end for his complicity would be huge.

If having a D next to her name gives Democrats a majority in the Senate, it's another huge win.

The actual person in the seat and the way they vote are sometimes the least important things about them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Star Man posted:

I'm a thirty-three year old loser in central Wyoming that lives at home. Do I dare run for the state congress? My opponents will be a Republican that never campaigns and a libertarian candidate I graduated high school with that campaigned like hell in 2018 and barely lost. The filing deadline is 29 May and a $25 application fee. I probably won't have to fight through a primary.

If you like running around shmoozing and meeting lots of people, and then trying to inspire them to give you money, you could do well. Don't do it if you don't want to do the work, either to get elected or the job you're running for.