Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

hail satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

what the hell

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

what the gently caress

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

after kals' myriad food crimes, this is the one that gets to me

jeez

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Badger of Basra posted:

there's no way it's serious you rube

of course it's not serious, it's called meh food, but it's still horrendous

in other news, my country just lost a really expensive warship and many hours of oil extraction because we're bad enough at war to let oil tankers ram our frigates

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the actual chain of events seems to have been one where both were applicable

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

sudo rm -rf posted:

why does belgium have an air force

most small nato militaries are in fact a form of feudal tribute to you lot, which is why we are so bad at disguising how rigged the competition is that we end up buying a less fit aircraft in ten years for five times the cost

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the loving f-35 makes me genuinely angry every time i think of it

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i should mention that this was before the cost of the jsf programme ballooned uncontrollably, at this point it's much more than five times as expensive as just buying the loving swedish planes would've been

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Pirate Radar posted:

They’re also ways to ensure a permanent customer base for local companies. All your naval ships are built in Norwegian yards. Some of the parts for your F-35s will be built by Kongsberg.

what no hardly anything is built in norwegian yards

the frigate we managed to wreck yesterday was made in spain, our submarines are german and idk who makes our torpedo boats, but it's almost certainly not a norwegian company

it is true that our armament industry gets integrated into the supply chain for the f-35, but that only further strengthens the feudalism parallel in that the suzerain keeps control of their subjects through effectively giving private kickbacks to their clients out of the tribute

realistically there are far cheaper ways to subsidise the arms industry

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

donald duck is legitimately a very good comic imo

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it certainly is in norway, at least

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i don't know, but it's still the "default" comic magazine for children and has good, simple language, stories which are reasonably compelling and characters which are decently nuanced

this in stark contrast to almost everything else in commercial children's culture these days

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

children read donald duck and see a deeply flawed working class everyman with a bad temper and a massive chip on his shoulder who has to be bailed out by his nephews. nevertheless, he always tries to be there for them, and there is never any doubt that his affection for them is genuine

it's an excellent way to gently introduce kids to the fallibility of well-meaning authority figures, and questions of personal dignity &c&c

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

kustomkarkommando posted:

also all art which is not an authentic portrayal of the real struggles of the working class

ah but what is donald duck if not this very thing

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

incredible flesh posted:

holy poo poo gojm is it true, are the republicans really trying to blame the paradise fire on radical environmentalists

lolllll

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

also in funny news a fascist rally in spain got stormed by femen, producing footage of a bunch of thugs beating up half-naked women before police intervened

but i repeat myself

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

what's a venatti

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

talk about baby shoes

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

incredible flesh posted:

i survived the great fire of salt ash

as befits the chosen of arik

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

watching the spider-man game lp and lol that game is incredibly fash

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i played arkham city at least that portrays the massive surveillance society and unlimited arbitrary power of law enforcement as a bad thing

spider-man just takes a breezy laugh at it, whitewashes american police to a downright hilarious degree and lets the egotistical blow-hard spidey-hater discredit any objections you might have to this whole affair

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

V cunning

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

tomorrow we have our first after work bar meetup scheduled. i get to find out if the people i work with are serious or just a bunch of winging teetotalers

they always let you down

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

fukken fash gonna taint the history of this movement something fierce

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

might want to ask in sharknadothread, i certainly don't know of any jose bove

does sound like bollocks though, the gilets jaunes haven't talked at all about immigrants. i think cohn-bendit's just whining over losing his position as leader of The Big Rebellion tbh

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

imo the us government shutdown is looking like increasingly canny politics

it means discrediting the public sector as an attractive employer and severely eroding the effectiveness of government services in a way which doesn't cost much politically

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

what people who aren't considering going for those jobs believe and what the applicants believe are different matters

one of the traditionally big perks of government work is that it's stable, reasonably predictable employment. the more your orange babboon messes with this, the less attractive it becomes

also lol they're probably going to privatise or shut down stuff like the the national weather service &c in the name of reliability or whatever

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

yep and this is going to make a nice big shove further in that direction

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Homura and Sickle posted:

i mean fursonally speaking i'm still getting paid and kinda wish us troops weren't getting paid so the political cost would be much higher. im still planning to go to federal civilian employment as soon as i get out of the army

i hope you don't take it personally but i do think that entering the army to escape your ruinous debts was really funny in a "the more things change" kind of way

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

exmarx posted:

this is so good

hahahahahahahaaa

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i thought a majority of household purchasing decisions are made by women though?

presumably not those pertaining to men's shaving equipment specifically

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Randler posted:

Can you really be considered a man when you shave off your beard, though? :thunk:

for gillette's sake, one would hope so

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i thought what they're calling the silent generation was known in america as the greatest generation????

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

exmarx posted:

can't believe we're already a quarter of the way through trump's presidency

p sure he's going to die in office from a massive heart attack and rule eternally as osiris

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i'm doing a phd

hopefully i've have a paper or two published by the end of the year and also not literally killed myself

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

genome biology

i spend all day wrangling the most intractable software known to man

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Volkerball posted:

what if she's a dadchat lurker

p sure they stopped lurking when we stopped posting

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Berke Negri posted:

s2 punisher was alright

don't necessarily care about Frank's literal creepy white knighting but it kind of ended on a nice note and I think berenthal is a good actor

part of the conceit is that Frank is an actual terrible person who's addicted to violence and takes any cause he can rationalise to indulge, this is made pretty clear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

drilldo squirt posted:

hosed up things happen when your self esteem is built on how much trivia you know.

am nerd, can confirm