Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Kagrenak
Sep 8, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

100%.

Being middle-aged sucks. I don't recognize any songs on the radio and my high school's senior class song is regularly played on classic rock stations.

Once your regularly scheduled medical appointments involve getting a camera up your rear end in a top hat every other year, it's all downhill.

The emoji autocorrect thing is legit annoying, though. Why would it think I want to change a word into an emoji while using autocorrect?

You can turn this off by hitting the settings gear symbol on your keyboard before you type anything, going to the "Emoji's stickers and gifs" item and unchecking the selection for "Show emoji in suggestion bar"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagrenak
Sep 8, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

My phone doesn't have that exact option, but I found a similar setting that seems to have removed it.

Namaste.

Glad it helped you get there. With how fragmented and vendor driven a lot of even basic poo poo like the keyboard on android is now I'm not surprised it was a different exact setting.

Kagrenak
Sep 8, 2010

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

there's been a small french japanese bakery a few minutes away from where i've been living for years and i just found out about it. i'm angry with rage right now

That reminds me I haven't been over to Brookline to go to Japonaise in a long time. Maybe I'll do that this week, I have off until the end of the year and not a ton explicitly planned.

Kagrenak
Sep 8, 2010

The elimination of all sense of meaning of the word woke continues, as now it is wokeism to prioritize support small local arts over prestigious historic national arts:

LSO’s Antonio Pappano posted:

There is a strange and misguided wokeism. If you’re supporting an opera in a church basement or something, that’s more important than the Royal Opera House, the English National Opera, the Welsh National Opera – give me a break

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/apr/11/misguided-wokeism-puts-people-off-opera-says-top-london-conductor

It really does just seem to mean "thing I, a person in an established position of power, don't like" to many people now.

Kagrenak
Sep 8, 2010

mahershalalhashbaz posted:

honestly the past ~15 years of "just be yourself!" hollow faux-celebration of individuality have been excruciating. the collapse back into enforced homogeneity will be awful and murderous but at least it will give people something to differentiate against. the current system is designed to catch every spark as it emerges so it can be fed straight into a machine. we'll start to see real art and culture again, and maybe even... organic human interaction and community?

Have you considered going to the diy music show in your area. That is what I am doing now and it quells all my similar thoughts for a while at least.