Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

good to hear it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Friends don't let friends borrow on credit.
Okay, it had to wait longer than expected, and it's still going to be another impromptu streaming update, but it's better than a cheap walnut bread. Doing another Recettear stream tomorrow night at 10EST.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

Are you implying that you aren't going to go out tomorrow night in your little boat to fish up the update from the sea?

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

My little boat sprung a leak so one must make do with what one has. And what we have is me streaming the next part of the Obsidian on Twitch in 15 minutes.

https://www.twitch.tv/thetruthkeeper/

Truthkeeper fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Sep 17, 2019

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

And that was the Obsidian Tower, another accomplishment for Best Puncher Elan. The highlight: face-tanking all of the final boss's attacks to punch him in the face repeatedly. Elan can take a lot of punishment, despite his low armor, due to absurdly high HP.

I'm going to try and get tonight's and the last stream uploaded to Youtube, but in the meantime feel free to watch it on Twitch until they delete it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/482518478

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Personally, I think the real highlight of the stream is Recette calling out Griff for being a massive, massive dweeb.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Blaziken386 posted:

Personally, I think the real highlight of the stream is Recette calling out Griff for being a massive, massive dweeb.

It's a very close second. I just wanted to throw Elan a bone since he's gonna be out of a job soon.

There's only one week left to go in this loop, and then I'll have Best Puncher's true card. I wanted to collect all the true cards before entering the post-game (because you can't collect them in Endless Mode, where the postgame takes place), so I'll be doing some quickie runs with all the other adventurers, probably as streams since there won't be any new information in them and it's easier for me that way. Once I have them all, post-game shenaniganry.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

Everything Ends, Again and Again

Really, when you’re not running dungeons, everything in future loops once you’ve beaten the game is just more of the same.

There’s no more rush to try and make enough money to meet ever-increasing payments when I can make enough to pay off the whole loan in a day.

Of course, this is what Survival and Survival Hell modes are for.

Also, I spent a lot of time redecorating the shop during this week, it may get a little weird.

Didn’t get a lot of customers this way, can’t imagine why. You’d think everybody would want to shop at the Creepy Eyes on Everything Emporium.

I did get one particular customer though.

I… did swear. Am I bothering you?

Tear swears in front of Recette all the time, doesn’t seem to bother her at all.

No! Not at all! Welcome to Recettear!

I…

Griff? Something up?

I still despise humanity and the fey. I hate them with the power of a thousand blazing suns, but…

…But, uh…?

It took more of my strength than I would have liked to reseal the Archdevil. There’s no way for me to return to the realm of demons as matters stand. That’s the only reason I’m still here, and… shopping here.

I see... Well then! That means you have aaaaaall the time in the world to come to love this place. Humans, fairies, even this town! You’ll love it all someday! I guarantee it!

Hmph. Your guarantee simply FILLS me with confidence.

See, I – waaaaait a minute, you’re being sarcastic! That’s mean!

Hm, it seems my exile won’t be dull, at least…

And that was the story of how Griff became a regular at Recettear. Maybe someday he might become one of Recette’s slaves adventuring friends.

With that last task out of the way, I sold cake to Elan.

I bought two more vending machines and stuffed them with expensive accessories.

Later I stuffed one with even more expensive shop decorations.

Louie insisted he needed more scarves.

Griff started buying things, but his starting wallet is as bad as the rest.

One day, Allouette came in.

A while ago, there was a coup d’etat in a certain kingdom

Is that… right. Huh.

What, aren’t you interested? Even a little? …Oh, whatever. Anyway, the king of that land was actually pretty popular, so many people speculated that the coup was orchestrated by a rival kingdom, and not the people. Now here’s where it gets interesting. That king had a daughter, and after the coup, she just disappeared. The nobility of that realm are still searching for her, in order to raise her up as their new queen and seize control again. They’re quite desperate! That kingdom’s troubles are just starting, mark my words!

Is… that… so… huuuuh…

…You really aren’t interested in this at all, are you? Why don’t you care?

Well it just feels like… it’s so far away, you know? Like it’s above the clouds or something. Why should it matter to me?

And this is why you’ll always be small time.

Huh? What’s my being short got to do with this?

Listen, Recette. A good merchant knows how to gather information from around the world, understand what it means, and put it to good use! Even things that seem trivial can be important in the long run! Therefore, the best merchants make it their job to gather news from across the world! There’s no better way to know your markets!

In another genre, this would be part of the tutorial telling you how to expand your sales internationally. Oh well.

Well, okay, I guess that makes sense. Thanks, Alouette!

*SIGH* You are terrible. Where WOULD you be without me? Oh, one last thing, speaking of markets. That kingdom is known above all else for their very popular liquor. Well, I need to be going. Pardonne moi…

Yeah, kind of a weird scene with no connections to anything. Weird infodump.

Oi, Recette! Can you answer a question for me?

And then Charme shows up, that’s another totally unrelated thing! Hey, maybe she can help me figure this out. Hey Charme, do you know anything about a missing girl associated with a country famous for hooch?

Oh, Charme, welcome! What’s up?

You wouldn’t happen to have a street date for the newest issue of “Booze of the World”, would you?

“Booze of the World” comes out every… 25th, I think? Do you want me to keep a copy for you?

Hmmm, nah. I’ll just stop by and pick it up when I can. Thanks, Recette!

Princesses… and liquor…

Huh, I guess it will forever remain a mystery.

Times are so tough the demon needs to sell a cheap piece of candy when the market is flooded and candy is cheaper than usual.

Oh my, how surprising, I managed to pay off the debt.

And that’s another true card acquired. In order to advance further, I’ll have to collect the true cards for all the other adventurers. If I show that grind, it’ll probably be in more quick and dirty streams, maybe in-between LPing something else. I kinda need a break from this game.

werbear
Jan 14, 2017
Allouette is a strange girl - why would you need any info on other kingdoms if the people of this city will buy almost everything for inflated prices already?

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

werbear posted:

Allouette is a strange girl - why would you need any info on other kingdoms if the people of this city will buy almost everything for inflated prices already?

Because sometimes the show up here because they: got lost, are on the lamb, got impossibly lost, or accidentally locked themselves out.

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

werbear posted:

If I had the option to sell things to more than just the local rubes, I would do it in a heartbeat. At this point, my biggest bottleneck is getting customers in the door. If only there was some means by which people could request my inventory in the comfort of their own homes and I could then deliver their selections for free in a timely manner. But such things are merely the stuff of dreams.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is the entire confrontation with Grief going to remain a twitch-only experience?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

werbear posted:

Why make tons of money when you can make more tons of money?

:capitalism:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I thought using a certain old school brick decor would bring in the kids, but it didn't get many customers. People are awfully choosy.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
In a twist, the lost princess is Arma. She's not a robot, she's a drunk trying very hard to walk in a straight line and not say anything wrong.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
Um did I miss an update... I was not expecting the demon and he swore what and when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truthkeeper
Nov 29, 2010

cokerpilot posted:

Um did I miss an update... I was not expecting the demon and he swore what and when?

Two updates happened in in video form, they're linked in the first post