Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.

Truthkeeper posted:

Papa… I did it!...

FATHER! THE HUCKSTER HAS AWAKENED!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

As a RPG item shop, do we also deal in vendor trash? Will we have to smile politely at adventurers and pretend we’re actually interested in 20 Dire Boar Snouts?

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

Scalding Coffee posted:

The ever-present dread that if even one week turns out poorly, she will live in the streets, forever.

That’s actually a less :smith: motivation than my original guess, which was “if Recette makes enough money Dad will love her again”.

E: sorry recette you underperformed in 3rd quarter, your parents remain dead

Mechanical Ape fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Nov 11, 2018

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

MechaCrash posted:

Tear has no real incentive to help you. Terme gets paid either way.

But if you do well, Terme gets their money back over time. If you gently caress up, they get whatever you already paid, plus the house, and they get it right away.

There's no conflict of interest here, right? :thunk:

Has there ever been a game where, for story reasons, the tutorial deliberately lies to you?

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

And this is where the Capitalism comes in. The Recettear Corporation provides the funding (capital) required to explore dungeons, and in return they take everything found in the dungeon. The adventurer gets a flat salary, and the excess value they produce goes entirely to the capitalist. Who isn't even risking their life.

Let's face it, though, a dingleberry like Louie isn't going to be seizing the means of production anytime soon.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

I like Tear! This is a business game and she is a businessfairy. It's not her fault she's trapped in an anime game with thick-headed anime characters.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

How exactly does a slime have a liver?

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

They don't have noses, though, so how do they smell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

All right game, you've won me over with the accent in crownèd. Well done.