Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Mechanical Ape posted:

As a RPG item shop, do we also deal in vendor trash? Will we have to smile politely at adventurers and pretend we’re actually interested in 20 Dire Boar Snouts?

Yes.

If you imagine the fairy is Capital's Middle Manager and the kid as the proletariat (adventurers are the lumpen-proletariat) the game gets a lot more interesting from a storytelling standpoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

This game is basically The Jungle, but anime and pseudo-french. Recette leads the french revolution in the post-credits before getting beheaded by fairies.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Crystalgate posted:

My understanding of the dungeons is that they are only efficient very early in the game, once you're past the first week, you're better of ignoring them. That said, it's not at all hard to have more than double the money you need to pay for the weekly payoff, so you can afford to do some dungeon runs anyway.

Anyway, it seems to me like the adventurers would have been better off partnering up with each other and take turns doing the monster fighting and being safe in the force-field, then just split the loot 50/50. I have no idea why they need the merchants.

Agreed comrade.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Ignore Tear and play Wal-Mart style and they'll quickly be grabbing enchanted diamonds for daddy.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Barrels: A Staple of Video Games Everywhere

hire me barrel lobby

Also this is AnimeNotFrance, not NotFrance, so cooking with shark is entirely reasonable.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

RickVoid posted:

Also he probably considers Reccette and Tear his only friends, so he just defaults to hanging out with them by browsing the store. Which is not helping his money trouble at all but "They Like Me" is a motivator that should never be underestimated.

And yeah, that cutscene with Reccette helping Louie learn edible food gather points is pretty god-damned :negative:

With regards to hilariously overpriced apples, when I played this I just assumed that a "Pix" was the fantasy equivalent of a $.01 cent piece. Throwing a decimal point after the hundreds place makes the prices slightly more sensible. ($1 unthankful statues? Yes. $3 Apple? Still hosed, but much less so. $300 Steel Sword? If we assume mass-production, might be closer to reasonable.)

Does that mean we start the game with $5?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Crystalgate posted:

Anyway, this talk about prices gave me a thought, what could Recette's dad buy with his loan? I think he could have easily gotten a full set of the most expensive buy-able equipment. Well, it's not as if the game makes him out to be smart with money.

Approximately a house's worth, so probably several thousand walnut breads.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

It is I, the cuteness thief. Don't worry, I certainly mean you no harm!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Schoolgirls buying +100 swords of slaying for their parents will never not crack me up.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Caillou certainly looks young enough to be a child. Does the guild even care about age when they hire people to do dangerous stuff or does results matter more?

Nobody cares that a 10(?) year old is being foreclosed on, running a store without any licensing, or going into the bar on the regular?

:capitalism:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

how do slimes see without eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

op lost their house and hasn't figured out time travel yet