Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

MechaCrash posted:

I like to think that the reason Louie keeps coming to Recettear is because he knows that you know he's broke but honest, and won't have security shadowing him constantly while he's in the store. And you might even swing him a friend discount! And hey, worst case, you helped him out in the dungeon, so he'll help you out in business!

Also he probably considers Reccette and Tear his only friends, so he just defaults to hanging out with them by browsing the store. Which is not helping his money trouble at all but "They Like Me" is a motivator that should never be underestimated.

And yeah, that cutscene with Reccette helping Louie learn edible food gather points is pretty god-damned :negative:

With regards to hilariously overpriced apples, when I played this I just assumed that a "Pix" was the fantasy equivalent of a $.01 cent piece. Throwing a decimal point after the hundreds place makes the prices slightly more sensible. ($1 unthankful statues? Yes. $3 Apple? Still hosed, but much less so. $300 Steel Sword? If we assume mass-production, might be closer to reasonable.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

T-man posted:

Does that mean we start the game with $5?

Thematic!

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Pierzak posted:

No handouts, no welfare!

Something about bootstraps!