Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The dungeons really lose all coherency after the Jade Way. It's like they designed a bunch of dungeon environments then never thought of places to put them. Or possibly that there were a ton of much smaller, distinct dungeons originally that the game design shifted away from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Tielle was always my favourite - she's adorable and really strong - but I'd like to cast a vote for Nagi just to see more of her.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

I actually really like the scene here with Griff. It's a nice contrast to a lot of Tear's dialogue - instead of being in control, she's speechless. Instead of being prideful, she's having some of her worst shames exposed in front of her friend(?).
And then, while she's unable to defend herself, Recette says "None of that matters, she's my friend, gently caress off." It's nice.

Plus, I just like Griff in general. It's hard to tell how much of what he says is him being a demon, him being an activist, or him being overly dramatic.
in the context of this scene, I don't think it's entirely fair?
This conversation kinda implies that one of the reasons Tear follows the orders of Terme Finance so rigidly is because she's been raised to believe that "Making trouble for humans" (ie: not doing her job) would lead to some serious punishment, either from her human employers, or from parts of the fae government not happy with one of their "diplomats" painting them in a bad light. It also makes the ending where Tear quits her job at Terme to stay with Recette, even if she's too prideful to admit that's what she's doing, much more poignant. :shobon:

The scene really highlights that Recette is probably the only person in the world that personally cares about Tear. It's not that hard to understand why she does - Recette's life has measurably improved since she turned up, despite the circumstances. She's doing stuff with her days, meeting new friends, eating meals regularly, even if they're plain. And Tear has stuck around to help her pay off the debt rather than just left her to solve it on her own.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Randalor posted:

A bit of an odd question, but while we're talking other games AND fey-folk-as-dicks, is there a game where you play or control actual fairies? I don't mean something like Glittermitten Grove, but where you play as the rear end in a top hat race of assholes who steal babies from cribs, curse people who cross you, and just all-in-all are the tiny race of magically-powered assholes that fairies and their kin truely are?

There's a tabletop RPG called Costume Fairy Adventures, where you are scored on how much mischief and mess you can cause.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Sprite comics are fine in principle, they just had an even lower bar for entry than regular webcomics since you don't really need to be capable of art at all to do them, so the ratio of crap ones is even higher than normal.