Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I won't lie, for a long time I never tried truffles (the chocolate) because I thought they were just chocolate-covered truffles (the mushroom).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

In a shocking plot twist, it turns out he's actually the king of demons, and doesn't care about humans, but REALLY dislikes fairies, so he just guys an item in Recette's store for the exact amount of her loan to spite the fey.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

If I had to guess, I'd prolly say "a fairy glasses-crafter" combined with "Fey magic to give them more utility". If the fairies are going all-in on capitalism, they probably have some spells that can make glasses tell the approximate value of goods at a glance. I know I would if I had magic and wanted to corner the market on everything.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Tielle. If Recette can corner the market on eleven medicine, she can leverage the profits into potentially buying out Tear's company. Which is the whole point of the game, right? To become the Frankenstein's Monster of capitalist businessmen and crush those that created you?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'll vote for Tielle again and hope that Truthkeeper isn't paying close attention. What's more capitalist than stuffing the ballot box for your chosen candidate?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Those are both good options. Can I do both of those as well?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

A bit of an odd question, but while we're talking other games AND fey-folk-as-dicks, is there a game where you play or control actual fairies? I don't mean something like Glittermitten Grove, but where you play as the rear end in a top hat race of assholes who steal babies from cribs, curse people who cross you, and just all-in-all are the tiny race of magically-powered assholes that fairies and their kin truely are?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Pennfalath posted:

You can also play as kobolds instead of fairies.
Kobolds ate my baby: You have to find/steal food, preferably babies, for King Torg (All Hail King Torg!). One problem: you are one of the easiest creatures to kill on the planet. Also, you yourself are pretty hungry...

I have that game. It's hilarious. Also, chickens are the most dangerous thing in existance to kobolds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

The Sandman posted:

My guess is Recette didn't have the money for ink.

Nah, she just uses magical disappearing ink that's set to vanish on the last day. That way, if any pesky royal tax collectors want to stop in and check the ledgers, she can show that she's "barely" making ends meet, and therefore can't pay her taxes to the king, taking advantage of a tax law loophole meant to encourage businesses to establish themselves in the kingdom. Every cycle, the ink fades away, leaving blank ledgers to start the whole cycle over again, all the while Recette is funnelling her excess gains to her offshore bank, through shell corporations.